Cant manage any computer on my domain

Maged N. Roshdy

Hi
I have win 2000 server DOMAIn say its a.com.eg
when i enter the active directory and i go to the
computers group and try to manage any computer in my
domain it refuse giving me this messagemanaged . the networkpath was not found choose 'connect to
another computer ' from the action menue to manage a
different computer.<<<<<<<<<<<END
and when i try to do that it refuse also allowing me to
manage the other computer appear the same message , so how
can i solve this problem [i have network consist of 3
switches 3com 4400 i stack them with normal patch cords ]
is the switching stacking way couse that problem

please any body know how to solve that problem to help me
sooner

Thanks for any help

Maged N. Roshdy

allen clark

You say "the networkpath was not found". Make sure that DHCP and DNS are
properly configured. Do not use your ISP's DNS servers in the DNS area of
TCP/IP settings (either in DHCP or statically set in network settings).
Instead, make sure that forwarders are enabled in DNS and the forwarders
point to your ISP's DNS servers. All workstations must point to your AD
enabled DNS server(s).

This should get rid of the "networkpath was not found" messages. The other
issue would be if the local workstations were not configured for remote
administration. I don't have those specifics commited to memory, just the
DNS issues. (Too many problems with DNS in my past not to have them
committed to memory.)

Hope this helps.

AC
Maged N. Roshdy said:
Hi
I have win 2000 server DOMAIn say its a.com.eg
when i enter the active directory and i go to the
computers group and try to manage any computer in my
domain it refuse giving me this messagemanaged . the networkpath was not found choose 'connect to
another computer ' from the action menue to manage a
different computer.<<<<<<<<<<<END
and when i try to do that it refuse also allowing me to
manage the other computer appear the same message , so how
can i solve this problem [i have network consist of 3
switches 3com 4400 i stack them with normal patch cords ]
is the switching stacking way couse that problem

please any body know how to solve that problem to help me
sooner

Thanks for any help

Maged N. Roshdy

Kevin Bowersock

Here are some links that will help with the DNS issues.

317590 HOW TO: Configure DNS Dynamic Update in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317590

300202 How To Configure DNS for Internet Access in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300202

291382 Frequently Asked Questions About Windows 2000 DNS and Windows Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291382

237675 Setting Up the Domain Name System for Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=237675

198437 How to Convert DNS Primary Server to Active Directory Integrated
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=198437

Thsi should help with the resolution issues you seem to be having.

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights