cant install web cam

G

i want to install a web cam but it keeps telling meto insert disk 1 with the message ''C:\DOCUME~1\M\LOCALS~1\Temp\pft3C.tmp\Disk1 please help me have i lost something ive tried restoring my system to an earlier date but with no sucess my mum has windows xp and the same web cam has installed in hers no problem thanx so much sue

R

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Delete the contents of the temp folders, there may be a file in there
interfering with the setup routine of the installer. Get both:

C:\Windows\temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\temp

Turn off all other running programs, especially your antivirus software. Use
ctrl+shift+escape, if necessary, to "end task" on everything.

Now retry installing some software.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
Windows isn't rocket science! That's my other hobby!

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

sue said:
i want to install a web cam but it keeps telling meto insert disk 1 with
the message ''C:\DOCUME~1\M\LOCALS~1\Temp\pft3C.tmp\Disk1 please help me
have i lost something ive tried restoring my system to an earlier date but
with no sucess my mum has windows xp and the same web cam has installed in
hers no problem thanx so much sue

G

hi it still hasnt worked ihave located the c:\windows\temp and deleted the contents but still nothing so i went to find c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\ temp and got this message ''refers to a location that is unavailable it could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network check to make sure that the disc is properly inserted (but i dont know what disc its talking about)or that you are connected to the internet or your network and try again if it still cannot be located the information might have moved to a different location'' well im trouble dnow and totally fed up when the message error comes up when trying to install the web cam it keeps saying ''please insert disc1 that contains the file layout. bin arggggggggg help please its drivin me nuts thanx a very desperate sue

Ask a Question