cant forward mails from outlook to outlook express

G

Trying to forward a mail using my outlook, to someone using outlook express. I get back (from system administrator) the followin

Undeliverable
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients

Subject: FW: lorem ipsu
Sent: 24.3.2004 20:4

The following recipient(s) could not be reached

'(e-mail address removed)' on 24.3.2004 20:4
550 relaying mail to domain.com is not allowe

PLEASE ADVICE WHAT TO D

B

Brian Tillman

jt said:
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'(e-mail address removed)' on 24.3.2004 20:40
550 relaying mail to domain.com is not allowed

You don't seem to be properly authenticating to your outbound server.

G

You are sending mail form a user who’s mailbox doesn’t reside on the smtp server you are using to send mail
In the properties of the pop/smtp mail, depending on what version of outlook you're using, select the check-box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" on the "Outgoing Server" tab under Internet E-mail Settings, and select the radio button where it says “Use same settings as my incoming mail serverâ€. If that does not solve your problem, that means your ISP is allowing mail to be popped down from specific range of IP addresses, rather than authenticated users. If your ISP is Comcast your out of luck, they are using ranges of IP addresses that can access the mail server and pop the mail down; therefore you would have to check your mail via web
Good luc

Ask a Question