Can't Find the ASMS File/Folder

G

I've tried repairing first and that didn't work. I have a recovery disc and my next choice was setup. Odd, setup still tries to repair things. Anyway, things go along until setup says it can't find the file "asms" on the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD. I've tried everything I know to show it the way to the file (isn't really the folder it's looking for?)

Can't cancel out because it just reboots and starts all over again. Is there a way out of this cycle

dann

R

roger

Hi Danny,

I've tried repairing first and that didn't work. I have a recovery disc and my next choice was setup. Odd, setup still tries to repair things. Anyway, things go along until setup says it can't find the file "asms" on the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD. I've tried everything I know to show it the way to the file (isn't really the folder it's looking for?)

Can't cancel out because it just reboots and starts all over again. Is there a way out of this cycle?

Check this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;311755
"The File 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM Is Needed" Error
Message When You Install Windows XP

Good luck

W

Will Denny

Hi Danny

Did you try here:

""The File 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM Is Needed" Error Message When You Install Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311755&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| I've tried repairing first and that didn't work. I have a recovery disc and my next choice was setup. Odd, setup still tries to repair things. Anyway, things go along until setup says it can't find the file "asms" on the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD. I've tried everything I know to show it the way to the file (isn't really the folder it's looking for?)
|
| Can't cancel out because it just reboots and starts all over again. Is there a way out of this cycle?
|
| danny
|
|

Ask a Question