Can't delete shared document folder files

G

I want to delete files I copied into the shared documents folder. However, when I try to do this, it says "access is denied". The folder is read-only, but this cannot be changed; the same "access is denied" message occurs. I managed to unshare the folder in the hopes that I could transfer control of the folder to myself. Now the folder is unshared, but it cannot be shared because access is denied. Will any of the users on the computer be able to use the shared documents folder?
I read somewhere that disabling "simple file sharing" would help, but if it would I can't do it because the option is not available.
The computer is not part of a network, although it shares the internet access through a router (which has two other computers connected to it).
How do I fix the access denied problem, and thus reshare the Shared Documents folder.

T

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

rhodiumhoarder said:
I want to delete files I copied into the shared documents folder. However, when I try to do this, it says "access is denied". The folder is read-only, but this cannot be changed; the same "access is denied" message occurs. I managed to unshare the folder in the hopes that I could transfer control of the folder to myself. Now the folder is unshared, but it cannot be shared because access is denied. Will any of the users on the computer be able to use the shared documents folder?
I read somewhere that disabling "simple file sharing" would help, but if it would I can't do it because the option is not available.
The computer is not part of a network, although it shares the internet access through a router (which has two other computers connected to it).
How do I fix the access denied problem, and thus reshare the Shared Documents folder.
Hi

This one might help on the file access issue:

HOW TO: Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

Ask a Question