Can't connect to project in BOINC

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm getting a 'shared memory' error when I try and attach to project - any ideas?

It's a fresh installation of Win XP Pro; Windows Firewall enabled with Boinc listed as an exception; latest Boinc client; I can log into WCG Ok and see all the statitistics - I'm at a loss :confused:

I haven't had a problem before with or without Windows firewall, btw, just use the 'attach to project' wizard, slap in WCG's URL, my user name and password, and off we go.

But not this time.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's odd, it works ok at my end on the computer I installed it on a couple of days ago. Did you use the stable boinc build?

I've googled to try and find out a bit more, but I can't find any solutions on it - unless some other server was down for a bit somewhere and it will work if you try again in a couple of house?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm using Boinc 5.4.11.

It did occur to me that a server may be down, I'll try again later.

Thanks for reply :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What sort of time was this Flops?

I have couple of entries in the messages tab saying the project was down at 9.30 and 10.30 this morning. Its probably that, they often carry out 'Sunday morning maintenance' around that time. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aha, yes, it was about 10.30am.

I tried again at 2pm and I'm connected and crunching now :thumb:

Ask a Question