Can't change default internet address

Jim Macklin

The system has probably been hijacked, run some scumware
removal tools such as SpyBot Search and Destroy
www.safer-networking.org
Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com
and CWShredder . See this for help
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.php

| I'm trying to help a friend with XP home. (I use win 98
personally so I'm
| not that familiar with XP)
|
| 1) Intenet Explorer always go to an old site that no
longer exists. We
| can't seem to change it to either a blank page or a
different site. It will
| usually retains the setting until the next reboot when it
seems to find the
| old none existing site.
|
| 2) Not sure if I've go this right now but we tried to
do a restore to a
| previous date and it comes up with a blank page. Should it
not display a
| calendar with dates highlighted of last installation?
|
| Any help very much appreciated.

Will Denny

Hi

Try any/all of the following programs to see if there is any spyware on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| The system has probably been hijacked, run some scumware
| removal tools such as SpyBot Search and Destroy
| www.safer-networking.org
| Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com
| and CWShredder . See this for help
| http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.php
|

| --
| The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
| But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
|

| | | I'm trying to help a friend with XP home. (I use win 98
| personally so I'm
| | not that familiar with XP)
| |
| | 1) Intenet Explorer always go to an old site that no
| longer exists. We
| | can't seem to change it to either a blank page or a
| different site. It will
| | usually retains the setting until the next reboot when it
| seems to find the
| | old none existing site.
| |
| | 2) Not sure if I've go this right now but we tried to
| do a restore to a
| | previous date and it comes up with a blank page. Should it
| not display a
| | calendar with dates highlighted of last installation?
| |
| | Any help very much appreciated.
| |
| |