Canon printer won't recognize network

• Thread starter dcblogs administrator
  • Start date
D

dcblogs administrator

My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy after I bought my printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work!

However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code. Desktop, laptop, iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network! It shows all the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my network.

I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any ideas?

Thanks -

G

GlowingBlueMist

My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy after I bought my printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work!

However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code. Desktop, laptop, iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network! It shows all the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my network.

I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any ideas?

Thanks -
If David's suggestions don't get the printer working for you then you
might want to give the following a try.

I suspect that the printer is still trying to log into the old network
using the old stored SSID/password that used to work, so it's firmware
is refusing to show you what it is trying to use.

Try going into the new router and changing the SSID to something else,
boot it, and then I expect the printer will show the "new" network and
allow you to enter the new password.

Finally if you really want the old SSID you can change the router back
and then teach the printer the "new" SSID again.

Ask a Question