Canon Pixma iP 4200 V iP 5200 ?

Reaction score
Having become thoroughly fed-up with paper jams and its insatiable thirst for ink + the need for so many cleaning cycles, not to mention the clatter it makes whilst performing this operation, I've resolved to get rid of my Epson (how I hate that company) CX3200 and buy a printer which uses individual inks.

I've seen some extremely good reports about the Canon printers and have narrowed my choice down to either a Pixma 4200 or a Pixma 5200. Why I've joined you knowledgeable people though is because, despite my visiting several shope and reading up on the Internet, I'm extremely puzzled about the differences between the two printers! I know the 5200 is about £30 or so more expensive than the 4200 but I'm hoping somebody will be able to advise me whether it's worth paying the extra and what I'd get for the extra outlay. I see the 5200 is a bit heavier and, therefore, I wonder if it's made better in terms of build quality?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Ask a Question