Windows XP Canon Photo Software

Reaction score
Problem downloading canon photo software for powershot 720IS on XP system.
Once downloaded Outlook will not open. Also box pops up that indicates Business Manager must close down.
Need help.
Thanks

Reaction score
What is the "canon photo software"?
Is the "...must close" error box, the only one you receive? Does it (or any other errors) not specify any more details?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you go to Here, Canon's software download page, it seems there is no software available for the Canon 720IS digital camera. Once selected, it gives an error page.

If the software were available it wouldn't be opened in Outlook, it would be a a file, a zip file or a folder, saved to a destination on your computer's hard drive of your choosing.

I suggest you phone Canon directly or visit a local photography shop and see if they can help you.

I'm assuming you've lost the CD that came with the camera?

Reaction score
I still have the software from canon.
Each time I install, something prevents me from opening Outlook.
Also I get an error box that states Business contact Manager has encountered a problem and must close.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, then your problem wasn't downloading as such, but installing.

Seems there's a glitch with that Canon software and I'm afraid I have not a clue what to suggest.

Except contact Canon and ask them.

The fact that Canon have disabled the software downloads for that Camera may be giving us a few clues here.

Bit of a shame if it is dodgy software, Canon stuff usually very good when it comes to Camera software.

Ask a Question