Canon E-18 Error

Reaction score
Hey,

Ive had a Canon Ixus 40 for over a year, takes great photos etc, but just before i returned from Australia i got the dreaded E-18 error. The lens is basically stuck out. Since i got it ive done some looking on the net, and it looks like A LOT of people have had this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, how it can be repaired or whether it is worthwhile pursuing Canon for it's repair. It is just out of warranty, but this seems to be a design fault with the cameras.

Thanks.

Bodhi

Reaction score
Ring em see what they say.

Although I have a sneaky feeling they will direct to to one of their service centers which will charge you :(

Reaction score
Thats exactly what happened mate, called them a couple of weeks ago and told the women the problem, and she said she would email me with help. So i got an email and it was just details of 3 canon service centres in the UK. So i ring my nearest one and they say, yep, no problem post it to us and we'll fix it, £70 + VAT. Haha.

Is it just me or is customer service getting worse and worse. I have yet to experience good customer service!!

Ask a Question