Canon ... can go take a hike

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I needed to check a few things on a Canon A720 IS camera me sister has ... she is away on a short break with the camera ... no problem, I'll look for the PDF and check.

Well, they don't have one ... you can, however, purchase the manual ... err, say what?, purchase??, WTF??? you're kidding me right? Nope! ...

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/User_Manuals/index.asp

Think I'll go get a Nikon. :lol:

:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You think that's bad?

I read an article somewhere on the net the other day where apparently Nvidia have developed 'premier' drivers that will be suitable for both Nvidia and ATI Cards.

Sounds good doesn't it?

But they want to charge you for these drivers.

That's right, you pay £440.00 for top of the range vid card and then they want to charge for the drivers to make the damn thing work.

Ok, it's not confirmed yet, but watch this space.

TC: Link looks good to me :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Mucks - is this any good to you? Pdf Manual Fingers crossed :)
Perfect ... that's the one. :nod:

Where the heck did you find it? :blush: :thumb:

Floppy, I'm still waiting for the "free" drivers for me 7600 & Vista ... :lol:

Anyway, I got me a new "scope" today, cost an arm & leg @ £199.99 ... but boy, it knocks spots off the £25 cheapo from Aldi's ... and, I got a camera attachment in the bundle ... need to see what the Canon filter thread is, hope it's got one. :rolleyes: :D

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That looks like a beauty Mucks, you'll be able to spot a wren sitting on a tree in the next county with that ;) The camera attachment is going to be a great asset too :nod: A very nice purchase :thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Impressive piece of gear, Mucks. My brother has the same unit and it is superb.

He can see into people's houses half a mile away. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Yep, almost there ... just need the "T-ring" for the camera ... now I know it's a 58mm thread on the camera I should be able to get one, or at least order one, on Monday.

Nearly forgot, need a cable release too. :D

Had a go this afternoon, was watching a flee on a dog at a 1,000 yards.
laughingsmiley.gif

It is exceptional ... the 80mm object lens makes all the difference and the zoom actually works on this scope right up to 80x magnification, although focusing, even with the tripod, is gonna take a little getting used to. Will probably only use up to 35-40x zoom, still get a great view and a little easier to focus. :thumb:

Now, all I need is me sister to come back from her 'holiday' and we'll put it through it's paces. Oh, and some good weather. :rolleyes:

:D

muckshifter

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Impressive piece of gear, Mucks. My brother has the same unit and it is superb.

He can see into people's houses half a mile away. ;)
Hey, great stuff, what is his main use?

Is he a 'birdier' or is into the sky-at-night type?

:thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Hey, great stuff, what is his main use?

:thumb:
He uses it for the birds. He has it set up most of the time so that he can see the birds in his garden in Teesdale. Huge variety - blue tits, great tits, coal tits, nuthatches, various types of woodpeckers, jays,sparrows, dunnocks, greenfinches, chaffinches, yellowhammers and the occasional sparrowhawk which, with so much to choose from, finds that it is "easy pickings"

It makes identification so much easier. :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah, all the comforts of home and free coffee. :lol:

Me sister can do the same ... me, I ain't got a window-box never mind a garden ... and setting the scope up this afternoon gave me a great view of ... a load of rooftops, didn't even see the bloody pigeons. :rolleyes:

Just need one day of good weather this week and I'll be off to Marshside here in Southport and give the scope a good testing. :thumb:

Tell 'im to get the camera out and have a go at digi-scoping. :D

:user:

Ask a Question