Cannot uninstall or install BCM

G

BCM does not show up in my Add/Remove list, so I cannot uninstall it. When I
load che CD, I immediately get the screen which says (in red letters)
Business Contact Manager was not installed. The Wizard was interrupted
before BCM for Outlook 2003 could be completely installed. Click Finish to
exit the Wizard.

When I open Outoolk, I get: Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure.
Could not initialize CLR. File or assembly name Iris. Mapi. Message. Store,
or one of its depencencies was not found.

Is there a way to uninstall manually, ot find the missing files on the cd
and install them. I'm really frustrated here!

Denise

G

Hi Denise,
The Catastrophic Failure is caused when the IrisMS32.dll gets corrupted.
Please replace the file - c:\windows\system32\IrisMS32.dll with the one in
your BCM installer CD (system32\IrisMS32.dll)

If this does not solve your problem, then try to uninstall from the command
prompt using the command:
' MsiExec.exe /I{66563AD8-637B-407F-BCA7-0233A16891AB} '

Regards

A

Archie Guvi via OfficeKB.com

I am experiencing the same problem. I have followed the instructions but still have the problem. I am unable to install BCM still. I have bought MSDN almost year ago but have not been able to install BCM up yo now.

Reaction score
Could not initialize CLR

Error Message: "Could not initialize CLR, File or assembly name iris.mapi.messagestore, or one of its dependencies, was not found."

Reason: The problem is the Business Contact Manager provided to those who purchased the Office Professional Edition 2003. When the program or a file within the program corrupts, IMAPI issues tend to occur. What makes matters worse is when attempts to delete or remove OFFICE, Outlook or Business Contact Manager, more errors tend to occur, which is at no fault of the user. It's the poor quality uninstall tools provided by Microsoft.

Fix: If the other suggestions did not work, open outlook. You will continue to get numerous error pop-ups, make sure your navigation pane is displayed on the left side, by going to Tools and make sure to check mark Navigation Pane. You will see the Business Manager Contacts, or some kind of lingo which as Business Contacts listed. Right click on the folder and click close business manager contact folder, while this is happening you'll get those error message pop-ups, keep clicking the pop-up's until the window appears to the left allowing you to close the business manager contact folder. It should stop.

Further Reasoning: The reason for this is, when doing a uninstall, Microsoft clearly didn't include delete this particular file, or at least removing the "link" in Outlook. Since the Business Contact Manager was removed, or maybe it was corrupted, this link was still active and looking for the IMAPI drivers. The issues with Business Contact Manager is, it relies heavily on IMAPI, and if you 've used other programs which rely on IMAPI, there's a tendency for issues. Not sure exactly why. Secondly, Microsoft uninstall and removal tools are simply very poor quality. No matter what you do, you can never fully remove their applications which causes loads of problems, particularly with old registry files still intact. Sad, I know.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Outlook 2003 Error message - Iris Catastropic Failure

If you go to c:windowssystem32IrisMS32.dll, you may find that you have 2 IrisMS32.dll files; one will be named IrisMS32.dll and the other IrisMS32(2).dll.

If Outlook is running, please close.
Make sure that BCM is not installed.

Please replace the file - c:windowssystem32IrisMS32.dll with the one in
your BCM installer CD (system32IrisMS32.dll). Allow the copied file to overwrite or replace the original.

Rename the IrisMS32(2).dll, IrisMS32(2).dll.old. save the file. Hopefully this will fix the problem. It worked for me and I suffered with multiple pop ups for at least 2 weeks.

Dan

Ask a Question