Outlook Cannot Send/Reply/Forward in Outlook 2007

Reaction score
Hello All,

So here's my problem. I have just completed a rollout of Office 2007 at a client. One of the big-wigs is having an issue. He receives emails and can read them and their attachments. But if he attempts to forward or reply to the email Outlook stops responding and must be restarted. The same goes for creating and sending new emails as well. I can't even save a new email as a draft without the whole program crashing. Here is what I have tried. Removing add-ins, disabling security (ESET's NOD32 by the way)even an uninstall/reinstall. For some reason if I start Outlook in safe mode it will work, but that is merely a "band-aid" solution. Please help.
Oh, this is an XP Pro machine w/ Intel Core Duo 1.7GHz CPU and 2GB of RAM in an SBS 2003 environment with Outlook working through Exchange. Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Starting Outlook disables all of the plugins and 3rd party scanners that load with outlook. Although you've already done it, I'd try disabling as many of the plugins and security parts you can - as it must be one of them causing the crash if safe more works.

When in safe mode, to do Help > Disabled items and it will list some of the things that were disabled.

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll definitely give it another shot and let you know how it goes. I won't be onsite until early next week though.:wave:

Ask a Question