Cannot save as PDF files

Hello,

I am getting a bit frustrated with trying to save items such as web pages
etc as pdf files to the documents folder of my choosing on my PC. I am the
administrator and still get the message "You don't have permission to save
this location......" I am have Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 installed and my
OS is Vista Home premium.

Thanks

Richard Urban

Acrobat 7 is NOT compatible with Vista and will cause this problem. I have
it also but can't use it. Sorry.

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Please not Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 is not in Windows Vista application
compatibility list. I suspect this is not compatible with Windows Vista.

929427: The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us

932246: March 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932246/en-us

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "no spam" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Cannot save as PDF files
| Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:27:01 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|
| Hello,
|
| I am getting a bit frustrated with trying to save items such as web pages
| etc as pdf files to the documents folder of my choosing on my PC. I am
the
| administrator and still get the message "You don't have permission to
save
| this location......" I am have Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 installed and
my
| OS is Vista Home premium.
|
| Thanks

But yet, when Vista gives this message, it offers an alternate download
location which will allow the file/etc. to be saved. It is a royal pain,
however, to have to navigate to the offered folder and cut and paste to the
new folder.

Also, Adobe states Acrobat 7 and earlier is not "compatible" with Vista, but
it will work with a few reduced features (and I do not think file downloading
is one of them).

Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9 worked fine on my PC until today and I am now
experiencing the same issues as the original poster.

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Please not Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 is not in Windows Vista application
compatibility list. I suspect this is not compatible with Windows Vista.

929427: The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us

932246: March 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932246/en-us

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "no spam" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Cannot save as PDF files
| Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:27:01 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|
| Hello,
|
| I am getting a bit frustrated with trying to save items such as web pages
| etc as pdf files to the documents folder of my choosing on my PC. I am
the
| administrator and still get the message "You don't have permission to
save
| this location......" I am have Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 installed and
my
| OS is Vista Home premium.
|
| Thanks

Richard Urban

You are running into compatibility issues. Please believe when you are told
that it is the fault of Acrobat 7.09. Upgrade your program to version 8.01
or switch to another .pdf creation program.

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Please not Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 is not in Windows Vista application
compatibility list. I suspect this is not compatible with Windows Vista.

929427: The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us

932246: March 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932246/en-us

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
rights.

--------------------
| From: "no spam" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Cannot save as PDF files
| Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:27:01 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|
| Hello,
|
| I am getting a bit frustrated with trying to save items such as web
pages
| etc as pdf files to the documents folder of my choosing on my PC. I am
the
| administrator and still get the message "You don't have permission to
save
| this location......" I am have Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 installed
and
my
| OS is Vista Home premium.
|
| Thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Thanks Richard.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Richard Urban" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Cannot save as PDF files
| Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:34:12 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|
| You are running into compatibility issues. Please believe when you are
told
| that it is the fault of Acrobat 7.09. Upgrade your program to version
8.01
| or switch to another .pdf creation program.
|
| --
|

| Regards,
|
| Richard Urban
| Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
| (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
|

| | > But yet, when Vista gives this message, it offers an alternate download
| > location which will allow the file/etc. to be saved. It is a royal pain,
| > however, to have to navigate to the offered folder and cut and paste to
| > the
| > new folder.
| >
| > Also, Adobe states Acrobat 7 and earlier is not "compatible" with
Vista,
| > but
| > it will work with a few reduced features (and I do not think file
| > downloading
| > is one of them).
| >
| > Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9 worked fine on my PC until today and I am now
| > experiencing the same issues as the original poster.
| >
| > ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| >
| >> Hello,
| >>
| >> Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >>
| >> Please not Adobe Professional Ver 7.9 is not in Windows Vista
application
| >> compatibility list. I suspect this is not compatible with Windows
Vista.

| >> 929427: The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
| >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us
| >>
| >> 932246: March 2007 Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
| >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932246/en-us
| >>
| >> Thanks & Regards,
| >>
| >> Ken Zhao
| >>
| >> Microsoft Online Support
| >> Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| >>
| >> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| >> <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| >> ====================================================
| >> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| >> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| >> ====================================================
| >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| >> rights.
| >>

| >> --------------------
| >> |
| >> |