Cannot log into Messenger

G

Get the same error cannot connect due to internet not being avail? My internet is working fine. Can verify the .net services are workikng. get error make sure internet connection is working 0x81000301. Any one have any ideas? Tried to reinstall and even tried msn messenger with out luck. Spokane WA

G

Same problem here. I get the 0x81000301 error message that tells me to check my internet connection and the MSN service. Both are up and running. I cleared my cache and cookies, changed passwords, restarted and nothing works. I can log into my hotmail account and I can log into messenger on another computer.
PLEASE HELP !!!!

Y

YYZ

Dan said:
Same problem here. I get the 0x81000301 error message that tells me to check my internet connection and the MSN service. Both are up and running. I cleared my cache and cookies, changed passwords, restarted and nothing works. I can log into my hotmail account and I can log into messenger on another computer.
PLEASE HELP !!!!

< NO NEED TO SHOUT .. >

from -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wss/wss/_im_im_results_enum.asp

Name
IM_E_CONNECT

Value
0x81000301

Description
The Winsock layer could not establish a connection.

in a word, relax; in another, patience; again, shouting does not help.

G

got the same problem..have been on for hour looking it all up but unable to come up with anything..will post back if i find something

Ask a Question