"cannot delete Dc47: it is being used by another person or program

G

i was trying to delete some old graphics i had made off of my hard drive, and these last 4 won't delete. i get the same error everytime, but with a different numbers. it's 4 files, and each one has a different one: Dd188, Dc47, Dd89, Dc213.

this is the exact error message
"cannot delete Dd188: it is being used by another person or program. close any programs that might be using the file and try again"

there's no reason another program should be using them, i havent used them in about 6 months.

anyone know what could be causing this?

thanks.

G

Have you tried using search in the start menu, entering the number e.g. Dc47 and searching for all files with that number. It may show you if you have the files in two seperate programs.

Hope this helps,

Brian

C

Chris

Sounds like the files are corrupt. Do a disk check and try again...

sami said:
i tried that, and it never finds anything. theyre in my recycle bin, and i
cant restore, or delete the files.Dc47 and searching for all files with that number. It may show you if you
have the files in two seperate programs.drive, and these last 4 won't delete. i get the same error everytime, but
with a different numbers. it's 4 files, and each one has a different one:
Dd188, Dc47, Dd89, Dc213.

Ask a Question