Cannot access the Business Contacts database.

For the past two weeks, I have been unable to access my Business Contacts
database. Whenever I start Outlook 2003, I get a warning dialog box titled
"Business Contact Manager" with the message "The information store could not
be opened". Then Outlook loads without the Business Tools menu. I get the
same message when I go to File, Data Management and try to connect the
database or create a new database. I have also tried Help, About, Disabled
Items, but there are no items disabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Raul

Can you go to start > run > servieces.msc,check the status of
MSSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ and ensure that it is set to started
--
With Regards

Raul Thomas

<DIV>&quot;SK&quot; &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message

I'm seeing this same problem now - it looks like no one has reported finding
the solution though there are multiple reports of this same situation - the
service is running.

As a troubleshooting step I Add/Remove "reinstalled aka repaired" the BCM
installation but to no avail.

toonman13

Do you have .Net Framework 2.0 installed? I was having the same
problem with several machines. I uninstalled .Net 2.0 and now I can
access the database.

Raul

Go to start > run > service.msc

Check if a service called MSSQL$MICROSOFTSLMBIZ is set to started and

running ?