    What to do????

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Ritter197, Sep 14, 2009

  2. Ritter197

    Ritter197 Guest

    "lemur" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Ritter197;1135537 Wrote:
    >> I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
    >> But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that
    >> contains
    >> my Documents.
    >> Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.
    >>
    >> I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.
    >>
    >> What to do????

    >> signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    >> 'ESET - Antivirus Software with Spyware and Malware Protection'
    >> (http://www.eset.com)

    > When you click on COMPUTER off the START button, what do you see listed
    > under HARD DISK DRIVES? Do you see "local disk C:"? If yes, what happens
    > if you click on that drive icon?
    >
    > Are you logged on as Administrator?
    >
    > I might have you look at your Event Viewer, but first let's see what
    > you can see.
    >

    > --
    > lemur
    >
    > Please click on rep icon if I've been of any help.
    > Thanks!

    > signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    > http://www.eset.com

    I see the c drive and all its folders. All can be opened except My
    Documents, which has a little blue mark in the folder icon.

    Ritter197, Sep 15, 2009

  3. On 9/14/09, the entity Ritter197 wrote this:
    > I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
    > But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that contains my
    > Documents.
    > Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.

    > I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.

    > What to do????

    > database 4425 (20090914) __________

    > http://www.eset.com

    Click on Documents, not My Documents.

    The latter is a special link that is available only to software that
    doesn't know the new name Documents for what used to be My Documents.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

    Gene E. Bloch, Sep 15, 2009