Can you make Outlook 2007 calendar look like Outlook 2003

B

Brian Tillman

Stacee said:
How do you get the two week view!

Using the Date Navigator (the little month calendar in the Navigation Pane
on the left or above the To Do Bar on the right), click on the first day of
the first week and drag the cursor over the last day of the second week.
Release the mouse button.

V

Vlad Ratner

I know this is an old thread, but we recently converted to Office 2007, and I find myself in the same boat as the original poster - I really do find the "new" (2007) calendar view look unattractive, and a lot less user friendly than the "old" (2003) one. I too miss the full week's view with only 2 columns, and was wondering if there's a solution for it. As I understand the add-on is a separate tool. Is there another plug-in of some sort, or something else that can be used instead?

On an unrelated note, I have a question about opening a shared calendar. As I mentioned before, we are now using Office 2007. However, we use Lotus Notes as our mail client. I totally despise it, and refuse to use it. With Office (Outlook) 2003 I used to use Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino, which worked fine for the most part. After converting to Office 2007, I was forced to use IBM DAMO (Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook) since the old Microsoft connector no longer worked. I didn't have any problems with installation/setup, but now I do have an issue with opening another person's (shared) calendar. Before, I would just select Open a Shared Calendar link, type the name, and voila, it would show it side-by-side with my calendar. Well, the link is now missing in Outlook 2007, and Open -> Other User's Folder is disabled (grayed out) in the Calendar view. What am I missing/doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I REALLY HATE the now Outlook 2007 calendar layout. The shaded graphics
might look nice in an advertisement, but they are nothing but a square inch
hog for real life use. You can't see a full week in one window without
scrolling and to see more than a few words of an appointment you need to
mouse over it.

The Outlook 2003 layout was nearly perfect. It there any way to get rid of
the annoying graphical boxes and get a layout similar to 2003?

Again, I REALLLLLLLY HATE this new layout. The Calendar display is useless.
--
Jim Hansen
On Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:36 PM Gordon wrote:
Doesn't happen here - I can see all seven days at once on a 14" laptop
monitor....

N

Neal Seipp

I strongly agree with Jim. Has Microsoft lost their minds?? The monthly calendar view in 2010 Outlook is a disaster!! The 2010 and 2007 Outlook Calendars may look glitsy...but they sacrificed usability for the glitz. My main complain is with the monthly calendar, which I primarily use. In the 2003 version all the events of a given date were visible because of the large squares for each date. In 2010 version, if there is more than one event on a day, I am required to open a new window and scroll all over the place to find what else is scheduled for that day. What a terrible step backward! The thick and colorful boundaries in the new versions take up half the usable space of each day in the monthly calendar! I'm scared to death I'm going to miss an important event because it's not visible with I view my calendar!

PLEASE! Does anyone know of a way to get the month view in Outlook 2010 to use the clean 2003 Outlook monthly version?

If that's not possible...can anyone tell me what I need to do to uninstall Outlook 2010 (which was installed with Office Professional Academic 2010)...keeping the rest of Office 2010...and replace it with Outlook 2003 (which I have in Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003). I'm afraid I'm going to have all kinds of issues with activation and conflicts. HELP!

I REALLY HATE the now Outlook 2007 calendar layout. The shaded graphics
might look nice in an advertisement, but they are nothing but a square inch
hog for real life use. You can't see a full week in one window without
scrolling and to see more than a few words of an appointment you need to
mouse over it.

The Outlook 2003 layout was nearly perfect. It there any way to get rid of
the annoying graphical boxes and get a layout similar to 2003?

Again, I REALLLLLLLY HATE this new layout. The Calendar display is useless.
--
Jim Hansen
On Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:36 PM Gordon wrote:
Doesn't happen here - I can see all seven days at once on a 14" laptop
monitor....

Ask a Question