Problems with outlook 2013 calendar

A

alves.paulo

HI everyone,

This is driving me crazy! Just upgrade from Office 2007 to 2013.

I use an android device and sync everything to my google account. Now I am facing some problems which are quite annoying.
a) tried to setup my google calendar as an internet calendar. Everything went well, except I cannot add or edit entries from Outloook, I can only see the calendar

b) Cannot make google calendar as my default calendar

SO I am looking for (free or fairly price) ways to:

a) sync outlook calendar with google calendar; or

b) sync the two outlook folders so that I write in outlook calendar and it syncs with google folder and then syncs to other android services; or

c) use my android device to sync the two calendars (google and outlook.com) and then make my outlook.com calendar the default in outlook 2013.

Any help? or any other solution? I am always on the go and the alternative is to change my calendar software and stop using outlook, which is a pain.

Thanks in advance.

PA

T

tillman1952

SO I am looking for (free or fairly price) ways to:

a) sync outlook calendar with google calendar; or

b) sync the two outlook folders so that I write in outlook calendar and it
syncs with google folder and then syncs to other android services; or

c) use my android device to sync the two calendars (google and outlook.com)
and then make my outlook.com calendar the default in outlook 2013.

The only mail protocol Outlook 2013 has available that also syncs the calendar is Exchange ActiveSync. Since Google did away with supporting EAS and also since they eliminated the free Google Calendar Sync, you can't sync the Outlook's Calendar directly with the Google Calendar without using a third-party tool. You can provide a link to Google Calendar to Outlook.com or vice versa, but I think that's a static link that performs a one-time import. I don't think it dynamically updates.

Ask a Question