Can U recommend a FAX server/client software?

We have several small offices scattered around the world, i.e. in the US,
Canada, Carribean islands, Latin/South America, Asia, South East Asia, and
Europe.Most of the small offices do have a permanent (broadband) Internet
connection where others just use a dialup. So, we can basically communicate
through e-mails. However, we would like to be able to send/receive FAX
to/from some local clients where we have the office located through the
Internet. For instance, we would like to be able to send FAXes to some local
FAX machines in Rio de Janeiro (where we have a local office there) from any
offices in different places and vice versa. This means the local office in
Rio de Janeiro must have a local FAX server connected to the Internet and a
local telco line. What we would like to know is can you recommend a good FAX
client/server software that can do such a thing? Price does not matter so
long the license fees do not exceed US$15,000.00.

Thank you.

Feng Mao

Hi Mazi,

Thank you for posting!

As far as I know, most Microsoft Windows has fax services. The below are
some articles about how to install and use Fax services.

306550 How to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306550

227194 How To Configure Windows 2000 to Send and Receive Faxes
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=227194

306657 How To Send a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306657

301200 HOW TO: How to Install and Configure Fax Services on Windows 2000
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301200

I hope that the above information is helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "!SpamMe" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| Subject: Can U recommend a FAX server/client software?
| Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:53:11 GMT
|
| Hi,
|
| We have several small offices scattered around the world, i.e. in the US,
| Canada, Carribean islands, Latin/South America, Asia, South East Asia, and
| Europe.Most of the small offices do have a permanent (broadband) Internet
| connection where others just use a dialup. So, we can basically
communicate
| through e-mails. However, we would like to be able to send/receive FAX
| to/from some local clients where we have the office located through the
| Internet. For instance, we would like to be able to send FAXes to some
local
| FAX machines in Rio de Janeiro (where we have a local office there) from
any
| offices in different places and vice versa. This means the local office in
| Rio de Janeiro must have a local FAX server connected to the Internet and
| local telco line. What we would like to know is can you recommend a good
FAX
| client/server software that can do such a thing? Price does not matter so
| long the license fees do not exceed US$15,000.00.
|
| Thank you.
|
| --
| Mazi

Thank you very much Feng Mao for your quick response with suggestions. I
will check them out the articles you have pointed out and if they are good
enought, it sure will save lots of $$$.

--
Mazi

Feng Mao said:
Hi Mazi,

Thank you for posting!

As far as I know, most Microsoft Windows has fax services. The below are
some articles about how to install and use Fax services.

306550 How to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306550

227194 How To Configure Windows 2000 to Send and Receive Faxes
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=227194

306657 How To Send a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306657

301200 HOW TO: How to Install and Configure Fax Services on Windows 2000
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301200

I hope that the above information is helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "!SpamMe" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| Subject: Can U recommend a FAX server/client software?
| Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:53:11 GMT
|
| Hi,
|
| We have several small offices scattered around the world, i.e. in the US,
| Canada, Carribean islands, Latin/South America, Asia, South East Asia, and
| Europe.Most of the small offices do have a permanent (broadband) Internet
| connection where others just use a dialup. So, we can basically
communicate
| through e-mails. However, we would like to be able to send/receive FAX
| to/from some local clients where we have the office located through the
| Internet. For instance, we would like to be able to send FAXes to some
local
| FAX machines in Rio de Janeiro (where we have a local office there) from
any
| offices in different places and vice versa. This means the local office in
| Rio de Janeiro must have a local FAX server connected to the Internet and
| local telco line. What we would like to know is can you recommend a good
FAX
| client/server software that can do such a thing? Price does not matter so
| long the license fees do not exceed US$15,000.00.
|
| Thank you.
|
| --
| Mazi

Feng Mao

Hi Mazi,

The Fax service in Windows only provides the basic function. I hope that it
is good enough for you.

Please feel free to post your feedback back. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "!SpamMe" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| Subject: Re: Can U recommend a FAX server/client software?
| Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:43:57 GMT
|
| Thank you very much Feng Mao for your quick response with suggestions. I
| will check them out the articles you have pointed out and if they are good
| enought, it sure will save lots of $$$.
|
| --
| Mazi
|

| | > Hi Mazi,
| >
| > Thank you for posting!
| >
| > As far as I know, most Microsoft Windows has fax services. The below are
| > some articles about how to install and use Fax services.
| >
| > 306550 How to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306550
| >
| > 227194 How To Configure Windows 2000 to Send and Receive Faxes
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=227194
| >
| > 306657 How To Send a Fax in Windows XP
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306657
| >
| > 301200 HOW TO: How to Install and Configure Fax Services on Windows 2000
| > Server
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301200
| >
| > I hope that the above information is helpful.
| >
| > Have a nice day!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "!SpamMe" <[email protected]>
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| > | Subject: Can U recommend a FAX server/client software?
| > | Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:53:11 GMT

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!w
| > ns13feed!worldnet.att.net!attbi_s04.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | We have several small offices scattered around the world, i.e. in the
| US,
| > | Canada, Carribean islands, Latin/South America, Asia, South East Asia,
| and
| > | Europe.Most of the small offices do have a permanent (broadband)
| Internet
| > | connection where others just use a dialup. So, we can basically
| > communicate
| > | through e-mails. However, we would like to be able to send/receive FAX
| > | to/from some local clients where we have the office located through
the
| > | Internet. For instance, we would like to be able to send FAXes to some
| > local
| > | FAX machines in Rio de Janeiro (where we have a local office there)
from
| > any
| > | offices in different places and vice versa. This means the local
office
| in
| > | Rio de Janeiro must have a local FAX server connected to the Internet
| and
| > | local telco line. What we would like to know is can you recommend a
good
| > FAX
| > | client/server software that can do such a thing? Price does not matter
| so
| > | long the license fees do not exceed US$15,000.00.
| > |
| > | Thank you.
| > |
| > | --