can u help me? PPPoE problem

c2j

hi
i have mac X and linksys router befw11s4v4. i have verizon connectio
with w
estel modem. when i connect to the modem i am able to go online b
setting P
PPoE in the browser it self, but when i tries to go online with th
router i
am not able to go online. I changed the LAP ip of the router so as t
diffe
r from the westell ip address(Natting). still not able to go online,
trie
d to configure PPPoE in the router, but as i tries to save th
settings, the
username and password screen name again pops up and never goes. th
only wa
y to go online with the router is to set the PPPoE in the browser o
the mac
X....is there any reason for it and any possible way out

-
c2

David H. Lipman

Man is that difficult to read !

Obviously, you don't need PPPoE on the PC. You'd use PPPoE on the Router.

I suggest reposting this in; comp.dcom.xdsl since this is NOT a Win2K problem.
I also suggest you post the model of the Westel DSL modem.

Dave

| hi
| i have mac X and linksys router befw11s4v4. i have verizon connection
| with w
| estel modem. when i connect to the modem i am able to go online by
| setting P
| PPoE in the browser it self, but when i tries to go online with the
| router i
| am not able to go online. I changed the LAP ip of the router so as to
| diffe
| r from the westell ip address(Natting). still not able to go online, i
| trie
| d to configure PPPoE in the router, but as i tries to save the
| settings, the
| username and password screen name again pops up and never goes. the
| only wa
| y to go online with the router is to set the PPPoE in the browser of
| the mac
| X....is there any reason for it and any possible way out?
|

| --
| c2j

David H. Lipman

The OP is posting from India. Cut him some slack Thagor.

Dave

| Perhaps a couple refresher grammar courses?

David H. Lipman

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

203.200.66.240
netname: SHIMELENT
descr: Leased Line at New Delhi - SHIMLET INFO
country: IN
address: 10th Floor, 2 MG Road
address: Fort Mumbai - 400001
address: India

Dave :)

| No problem Dave!
| If indeed the Op is from India, he/she sounds better that most tech support
| reps I have communicated with over there.

Thagor

No problem Dave!
If indeed the Op is from India, he/she sounds better that most tech support
reps I have communicated with over there.

David H. Lipman

No Verizon serves me.

The OP is on SHIMELENT in New Delhi and using a NNTP service in Houston Texas.

And you are using DSL from Frontiernet.

Dave

| Verizon serves India?
|
| ;-)

Vance G

No, no, I meant this, from the
original post:
---------------------------------------
hi
i have mac X and linksys router befw11s4v4. i have verizon connection
with w
estel modem. when i connect to the modem i am able to go online by
setting P

David H. Lipman

Good point !!!!

Another question is why would a MAC user post in a MS News Group ? That is why I looked in
his header and came to my conclusion and told him to take it to; comp.dcom.xdsl since
it's not a Win2K problem.

Dave

| No, no, I meant this, from the
| original post:
| ---------------------------------------
| hi
| i have mac X and linksys router befw11s4v4. i have verizon connection
| with w
| estel modem. when i connect to the modem i am able to go online by
| setting P

| | > No Verizon serves me.
| >
| > The OP is on SHIMELENT in New Delhi and using a NNTP service in Houston
| Texas.
| >
| > And you are using DSL from Frontiernet.
| >
| > Dave

| > |