can receive but can't send in windows mail

roseivana

Hi hope someone can help with this.

I'm using windows mail in windows vista home basic. Since yesterday, I can
receive emails as normal but I haven't been able to send. When I click Send
the message goes to the Outbox and stays there. If I double-click the message
in Outbox, it opens in a new window, when I click Send again it remains
unsent and the message "Message could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again".
As far as I can tell I'm not short of memory or disk space.
I've looked in Tools and the Outgoing server authentication box is checked.

Any solutions please?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus
should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all
bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced with a more compatible one.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)