can not view source on HTTPS; HTTP is fine

I can not view source of any HTTPS site I visit; I can view source on HTTP. I
viewed other threads and did all the usual stuff of emptying TIFs,
short-cuts, paths, etc.

But it works fine if I am on any HTTP site (including this one). But if I go
to any secure site, I can not view the source.

I am on WinXP Pro (no SP2) and IE 6 SP1

Jan Il

Hi Paresh :)

Try the following and see if it helps:

Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

The TIF size should be set to 50-60 MB. Larger caches tend to be more prone
to trouble.

also...

Source Code Is Not Displayed When You Click Source on the View Menu in
Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];306907

and ...

Also check the information here:
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#view_source
and
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/iescrcod.htm

Hope this helps :)

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Sorry Dude! Tried all that...

It works just fine on non-secure (HTTP) page but the View Source option is
grayed out on any secure (HTPS) page.

Any other idea/setting I have missed?

Jan Il said:
[...]

Don Varnau

Hi,
IE needs to cache the (secure, encrypted, https) pages in order to show the
source code. Go to Internet Options> Advanced> Security and see that "Do not
save encrypted pages to disk" is unchecked.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Paresh" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Jan Il

Hi Paresh :)
Sorry Dude! Tried all that...

'k..... :)
It works just fine on non-secure (HTTP) page but the View Source option is
grayed out on any secure (HTPS) page.

Any other idea/setting I have missed?

If you have a shortcut to Notepad on your desktop rename it to Npad and
reboot.

also...

Try updating your scripting engine. For the latest scripting engine for
2000 and XP go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en
The install includes a new jscript.dl

If still no joy, then you should do a repair of IE.

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP
Be sure to visit Windows Update site and let it scan for all needed updates
and service packs afterward.

Jan Il said:
[...]

Yeeeeeeeee Ha!!!!!!!!!
Don, You Da Man!!!!!!!!
Yes, un-checking "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" did the trick...

Grazie! Grazie!!

"Paresh" wrote in message
I can not view source of any HTTPS site I visit; I can view source on HTTP. I
viewed other threads and did all the usual stuff of emptying TIFs,
short-cuts, paths, etc.

But it works fine if I am on any HTTP site (including this one). But if I go
to any secure site, I can not view the source.

I am on WinXP Pro (no SP2) and IE 6 SP1

Don Varnau

Siete benvenuti.
Glad I could help.

Don

Paresh said:
Yeeeeeeeee Ha!!!!!!!!!
Yes, un-checking "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" did the trick...

Grazie! Grazie!!

"Don Varnau" wrote:
[snip]

Jan Il