Can not Del Disk Quotas

Dan Wittig

When I try to del disk quotas I get a msg stating
that "Users charged with disk space cannot be deleted"

I tried to search for this error. The only hit i got was
for SP4 Fixes. I have SP installed on the server.

Any way to get rid of all data from old users.
Some delete out and all files are gone.
The other half give me this error.

Any Help would be apriciated
Thanks
Dan Wittig
(e-mail address removed)

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that when you try to delete disk quotas, the system displays
error indicating that

"Users charged with disk space cannot be deleted"

Please try the following suggestion:
1. Disable Disk Quota on the drive

2. In Windows explorer, open the following folder in the administrator's
profile:

Administrator -> Application Data -> Microsoft ->Windows NT -> Disk Quota
and delete the two DiskQuota cache files:

NTDiskquotaSidCache.dat and NTDiskQuotaSidCache.ndx

3. Enable Disk Quota

4. Delete the SID for the quota entry

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi