Can not access windows update or logon to any https

I have a clients computer running XPP SP2 IE6 SP1 when I try to access
windows update it opens a blank (white) page and does nothing... If I copy
the URL from another machine it starts to load and freezes at the Active X
(it never actually prompts or loads)... Also if they try to go to a secure
banking page nothing actually happens when they thy to logon... I have tried
clearing all the settings but nothing has worked... I am reluctant to try an
update to 7 as their Quickbooks will not work anymore... Any suggestions
would be greatly appriated...

Jon Kennedy

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up or
Connect to SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in
Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444 "

The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message on a Secure Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303807

More help here: http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/17.html

For help with Windows Update:

General:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527/

Troubleshooter
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/troubleshoot.aspx?ln=en-us

Newsgroup (web)
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

Jon,

Thanks for the suggestions...but it kept causing more and more issues in
other programs as well... I finally had to go on-site and run an XP repair
from the OS boot CD... I reapplied all the updates and it works fine again...

Sincerely,
Sasha
(Q Logic, Ltd)