    that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
    swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does Paint
    have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

    Greg, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Greg

    Terry R. Guest

    The date and time was 11/11/2008 1:19 PM, and on a whim, Greg pounded
    out on the keyboard:

    > I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing program
    > that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
    > swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does Paint
    > have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

    Hi Greg,

    Paint can't do it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms_Paint

    Have them download Gimp. It's free and can easily do the job.
    http://www.gimp.org/

    --
    Terry R.

    ***Reply Note***

    Terry R., Nov 11, 2008

  3. Greg

    db.·.. > Guest

    perhaps not, unless
    the optin to save as
    monochrome will do
    it.

    however, microsoft provides
    a free ware called "live photo
    gallery".

    with it you can "fix" the color
    saturation to near zero,
    making the photo b/w.

    --

    db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
    DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

    db.·.. >, Nov 11, 2008
  4. Greg

    3c273 Guest

    I don't think Paint can do that but you can download Irfanview for free and
    it will do what you want. www.irfanview.com
    Louis

    3c273, Nov 11, 2008
  5. The free program called Irfanview does this very well. www.irfanview.com
    Irfanview can do a lot of basic improvement to photos as well and is easy to learn.

    Richard in AZ, Nov 11, 2008
  6. Greg

    Mark Blain Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= <> wrote in

    > I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing
    > program that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows.
    > I could have swore I have done it before but cant find that feature
    > anymore. Does Paint have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

    IrfanView is a common free third-party tool that can convert individual
    files or batch-convert multiple files to grayscale.

    Mark Blain, Nov 11, 2008