wd blue 6tb
evga supanova 850 watt g2
evga supanova gtx 1080 ti founders edition graphics card
corsair 780t full tower case
g900 mouse
k70 rgb rapidfire mechanical keyboard
windows 10 usb flash drive

my question is could i hit 5.3 ghz clock speeds with these components

if not what components could i change to hit that speed and also get very high test benchmarks thanks marcus

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is what's known as the Silicon Lottery.

If you get a binned chip then maybe. If its a poor overclocker then no matter how many volts you give it it might not even hit 4.8.

But 5.3 is right on the limit without extreme cooling. (from what I've read) That X62 will not be man enough for the job You will want a full custom loop.

Why is 5.3Ghz so important? Is it just for ePeen?

Reaction score
This is what's known as the Silicon Lottery.

If you get a binned chip then maybe. If its a poor overclocker then no matter how many volts you give it it might not even hit 4.8.

But 5.3 is right on the limit without extreme cooling. (from what I've read) That X62 will not be man enough for the job You will want a full custom loop.

Why is 5.3Ghz so important? Is it just for ePeen?

where can i get a binned chip from and what version and what specific cooler with these components will hit 5.3 ghz thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, after a quick bit of research regarding this.....

The difference between 5Ghz (and even 4.8 tbf) and 5.3Ghz in real life usage is quite honestly bugger all.

All you will get is more heat and more noise and reduced CPU lifespan. Oh and obviously more female attention*.

Relevant:

where can i get a binned chip from and what version and what specific cooler with these components will hit 5.3 ghz thanks

Sorry I can only find a pathetic 5.2Ghz from OcUK... ;)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inte...a1151-pre-binned-processor-oem-cp-007-oe.html

*This may be a lie.

Ask a Question