Can I Purchase a Windows XP Professional Upgrade with a Vista Lice

Can I use the license key for Vista Home that came with a new HP laptop I
just bought (HP Pavilion Entertainment PC / DV6000) to legitimately purchase
a Windows XP "Upgrade" license... and will it install?

Why do I want to replace Vista with XP?

Because the very first 3 things I tried to do on this brand new
out-of-the-box laptop with Vista... FAILED.

Here are the details if anyone is interested:

1) Install my Adobe Premiere Elements Version 2 (incompatible). I
downloaded and installed their latest version 3 (incompatible). I downloaded
Adobe's Vista "fix"... only works to fix Premiere Elements on Vista where the
software was already installed on XP, and then the OS was upgraded. This
software remains completely incompatible with Vista as a new install.

2) Install my copy of Roxio Easy CD Creator (1 version behind the latest
available) (incompatible)

3) Play a few of my MPEG files that I created with my Premiere Elements
software on my previous computer. In Media Player, if you hit pause, and try
to replay it, it scrambles the video, and you have to restart Media Player.
I tried 2 other popular "free" players: QuickTime and RealPlayer.... but
neither one indicated that they will work on Vista. In fact, I tried to
install QuickTime, and the installation seemed to be running ok... but it
just disappeared... no messages, no nothing.

............... and this is all happening on a laptop right out of the box

Carey Frisch [MVP]

No.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

[...]

Jacobus van Schalkwijk

Can I do the same please, out the box $1350 (duty free) with vista.
Skype download-No go!!
$105 Webcam Logitech -No go!!
Microsoft suggested I pay for a Vista upgrade, then I will be able to pay
for a downgrade to XP SP2??!!
I have e-mailed everyone I can in MS but no luck!
Who knows Bill Gates e-mail address please?
THIS IS NOT ON!
"funnybroad" <funnybroCan I do the same please?
news:[email protected]...

Dave

Skype 3.2.0.63 works fine with Vista.

I had an Intel webcam that wasn't compatible, so I bought a Logitech
QuickCam Pro 5000 which works perfectly.