Can I control the default window size of Search Results?

P

Peabody

Every time I do a Search, it opens in a normal window, and I have to
manually expand it or go to full screen. Is there a setting that I
can use to control the default size of that window?

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Mart=EDn?=

Do not maximize it. If you expand the Search Assistant window from one of the corners it should retain its size once it is closed.

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Mart=EDn?=

Two suggestions:

1. (Note that you'll lose all your folder customizations if you follow this procedure.) Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'regedit' and press Enter. Delete the keys HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags. Restart Windows and try to customize Search Assistant window size, is it correctly remembered after a reboot?

2. Download and install Tweak UI from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx. Run the application, go to Explorer section, Customizations, and increase the value of the 'Folders to remember' field. Note that if you've installed SP2 on your computer you should enter a value bigger than 5000.

Ask a Question