Can I be identified by a screenname rather than my email address?

My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com

Kenny S

you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger

How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?

:

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com

When I go there, it requires you enter an email address in order to get a
passport account. Since you need a passport account to sign on to Windows
Messenger, we're back to the email address being necessary to locate you in
Windows Messenger. I don't think you can locate someone with just a
screenname that does not identify it's linked email address, like AIM does.

:
you go here and create an account... (free)
http://www.passport.net/
this lets you log into microsofts services and is not a hotmail (email )
account
Hope this information helps you
kenny

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?

:
you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com

sheesh you oughtta be able to do this - I've just been trying to figure out
the same thing...
Windows Messenger help even refers to something called a "sign-in name" but
doesn't tell you how to create one!

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings,

It's never going to happen. Otherwise, I could search for "john" and simply harvest
everyone's e-mail address the results come up as.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger