S

Steven L Umbach

You could apply Group Policy to to a number of compute/users if they are in
a domain. Otherwise you will need to apply Group Policy to each computer
individually via gpedit.msc which would cause the policy to applied to ALL
users on the computer - even administrator by default. --- Steve

S

Steven L Umbach

Hi Joshua. There are two part to Group Policy - computer and user configuration.
Computer configuration applies to every user that logs onto that computer. User
configuration applies to the user on any computer in the domain that he logs onto.
There is a special exception called loopback processing that allows the same user
configuration to be applied to any user that logs onto a computer, but that is more
for special situations and not the norm. If you are talking about primarily user
configuration, then create an Organizational Unit with a new Group Policy. Configure
the Group Policy and then add the users to that OU. If you have special needs for
computer configuration part of Group Policy, you can do the same and move the
computers to an OU. Keep in mind that domain user password policy and account lockout
policy can only be set at the domain level. Group Policy is applied in this order -
local> site> domain> OU. That means it is first applied at the local computer level,
but any changes of policy defined at the site, domain, or OU level will normally
override the local setting inwith the OU level having the last say. --- Steve

B

Brendon Rogers

You can apply GPO to Domain, Site or OU then use Groups to filter which
machines get the policy.

Ask a Question