Group Policy

David Parkes

This query relates to Windows 7 and not Vista. As i cannot find a Windows 7
group i thought best to try this one.

I have a Windows 7 pro machine part of a 2003 domain. I want to create group
policies which i can apply to other windows 7 machines. Am i correct in
saying that if i copy the PolicyDefinitions from the Windows 7 computer to
the \\DC\sysvol\domain\policies

I should be able to create and link group policies using Group Policy
Management in Windows Server 2003?

Thanks in advance,
David

R. C. White

Hi, David.

Microsoft decided (over strenuous objections from me and many others,
especially MVPs) to discontinue these public newsgroups and to offer
peer-to-peer support only via Forums. In keeping with that decision, they
have announced that ALL these public NGs will be closed by October 2010;
many have already closed on June 1 and July 1. Also, anticipating that
move, Microsoft decided to not start any public NGs for Win7. So, until it
closes, this Vista NG is "as good as it gets" for Win7 newsgroups. :>(

To find the Win7 FORUM you need for your group policy question, you can
start looking here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

Good hunting!

RC