Can I add multiple contacts from exel/word to Outlook contacts?

Alice-Marie

I have 300 names in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to send an individual email
message to each. Is there any way to copy multiple contacts into Outlook?
Doing this individually will take forever. Any suggestions? Thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Use File > Import and Export... to see a list of file types Outlook can
import. You will see that Excel is among them.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Russ, why not have the OP do a mail merge and use the Excel spreadsheet as the source?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| Use File > Import and Export... to see a list of file types Outlook
| can import. You will see that Excel is among them.
|| I have 300 names in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to send an
|| individual email
|| message to each. Is there any way to copy multiple contacts into
|| Outlook? Doing this individually will take forever. Any
|| suggestions? Thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

That would be fine, but wasn't the question that was asked.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
wrote in message Russ, why not have the OP do a mail merge and use the Excel spreadsheet as
the source?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| Use File > Import and Export... to see a list of file types Outlook
| can import. You will see that Excel is among them.
|| I have 300 names in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to send an
|| individual email
|| message to each. Is there any way to copy multiple contacts into
|| Outlook? Doing this individually will take forever. Any
|| suggestions? Thanks

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

The first question was "I want to send an individual email to each..." - I thought the easiest way was to just use a mail merge.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| That would be fine, but wasn't the question that was asked.
| --
| Russ Valentine
| [MVP-Outlook]
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
|
| Russ, why not have the OP do a mail merge and use the Excel
| spreadsheet as the source?
|

|| Use File > Import and Export... to see a list of file types Outlook
|| can import. You will see that Excel is among them.
||| I have 300 names in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to send an
||| individual email
||| message to each. Is there any way to copy multiple contacts into
||| Outlook? Doing this individually will take forever. Any
||| suggestions? Thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I'm not so sure it is the easiest. Have you noticed how many people can't
manage it :)?
I assumed the user actually wanted to import the Excel sheet so they could
use any of the several ways to send to multiple recipients.
--
wrote in message The first question was "I want to send an individual email to each..." - I
thought the easiest way was to just use a mail merge.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| That would be fine, but wasn't the question that was asked.
| --
| Russ Valentine
| [MVP-Outlook]
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| | Russ, why not have the OP do a mail merge and use the Excel
| spreadsheet as the source?
|

|| Use File > Import and Export... to see a list of file types Outlook
|| can import. You will see that Excel is among them.
||| I have 300 names in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to send an
||| individual email
||| message to each. Is there any way to copy multiple contacts into
||| Outlook? Doing this individually will take forever. Any
||| suggestions? Thanks

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Hey! You've been looking over my shoulder!

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] asked:

| I'm not so sure it is the easiest. Have you noticed how many people
| can't manage it :)?

Brian Tillman

Alice-Marie said:
I have 300 names in an Excel spreadsheet. I want to send an
individual email message to each. Is there any way to copy multiple
contacts into Outlook? Doing this individually will take forever.
Any suggestions? Thanks

You can use an Excel spreadsheet as a source for addresses using mail merge
in Outlook. No need to transfer the addresses to Outlook first.