can explorer.exe be manually added to startup processees

godfather

For about 2 weeks I am only able to boot to a blank screen; I can
complete the boot up to my desktop by adding the new task Explorer via
task manager.

I have checked my registry and found
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
shell=explorer.exe

Despite having this entry in my registry, explorer.exe is not included
in my start up processes in task manager at boot up.

I have verified that I have no hardware driver problems. I have tried
system restore to the day before the problem started and have tried
booting to safe mode but I still geet a blank screen.

Is there another way to add explorer.exe to the startup processes??

Anonymous

Try, once you have Explorer up, going to Start>Run, typing %WINDIR% into the
box, and clicking OK. Then, right-click on Explorer.exe and click Copy.
Then, click on Start>Programs and right-click on Startup. Click on Open All
Users or Explore All Users (it doesn't matter which). Then in the new
window, right-click in the blank space and click Paste Shortcut. Then
restart the computer and Explorer should start automatically.

Sincerely,
Anonymous
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft,public,windowsxp,gener
al
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 4:09 PM
Subject: can explorer.exe be manually added to startup processees

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 4:09 PM