Calendar Program - Simple - Here .....

brainz90

Hello folks

Most of you wont know me but I've lurked here for years. I rarely post
because
it eventually dawned on me posting to newsgroups seemed to solicit
masses of spam and virii emails so I gave up posting. Hopefully I'll
be safe doing this via Googles service though. Anyway. I
digress.......

Lots of people want a simple Calendar program. I've used a 186kB
freeware one
in conjunction with my job in field service for several years now. Its
called 'Calendar Program' and it does the job. Screenshots and
Download link here .....

http://www.geocities.com/cgopg/

There is just one thing I would change if I could. That is make it
possible to enter information in any ( basic )color for any day. Color
selection IS available but its a global change as opposed to per entry
color selection.

Could any of our coders who visit ACF do one like it but with per
entry ink color selection ? Plus a clearer view of the actual month at
the top ???

Until thats available this is the one for me.

Special Hello's to John ( Corliss ), Boomer if u ever visit anymore,
and that Steve Burn geezer whose site is great.
( http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/index.asp )

Warm Regards.

Bri

mike ring

(e-mail address removed) (brainz90) wrote in
Hello folks

Most of you wont know me but I've lurked here for years. I rarely post
because
it eventually dawned on me posting to newsgroups seemed to solicit
masses of spam and virii emails so I gave up posting. Hopefully I'll
be safe doing this via Googles service though. Anyway. I
digress.......

I', sorry I'm not a bit interested in a Calendar prog, but I'm grateful to
the many people who've posted gen about progs I do really want (even if I
wasn't aware of it till they'd mentioned it)

I hope you'll continue to post - the flaming isn't too bad here, and ISTM
mainly comes from passersby or those who've joined via crossposts.

But even if you do get singed a bit, be aware that you're the righteous
one, and most folks are with you. But they can't all come rushing to your
defence because that just encourages the unwashed.

So I hope to hear more of your input

mike

Steven Burn

brainz90 said:
Hello folks

Most of you wont know me but I've lurked here for years. I rarely post
because
it eventually dawned on me posting to newsgroups seemed to solicit
masses of spam and virii emails so I gave up posting. Hopefully I'll
be safe doing this via Googles service though. Anyway. I
digress.......
</snip>

You can actually defeat this by not using a valid e-mail address with your
posts (tis never a good idea ;o)).

Something along the lines of;

(e-mail address removed)

Should suffice ;o)

Lots of people want a simple Calendar program. I've used a 186kB
freeware one
in conjunction with my job in field service for several years now. Its
called 'Calendar Program' and it does the job. Screenshots and
Download link here .....

http://www.geocities.com/cgopg/

There is just one thing I would change if I could. That is make it
possible to enter information in any ( basic )color for any day. Color
selection IS available but its a global change as opposed to per entry
color selection.

Could any of our coders who visit ACF do one like it but with per
entry ink color selection ? Plus a clearer view of the actual month at
the top ???
</snip>

I generally write app's that I have a use for (never use these kinds of
app's myself) but, I'll take a look into it.

Until thats available this is the one for me.

Special Hello's to John ( Corliss ), Boomer if u ever visit anymore,
and that Steve Burn geezer whose site is great.
( http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/index.asp )
</snip>

Cheers ;o)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

John Corliss

brainz90 said:
[...]

Brian, hello back. Steven Burn's right about munging the email address
you use to post to usenet. The latest version of Mozilla (1.6, with
1.7 just around the corner) allows you to have a separate email
address in messages you post to usenet from the one you use in email.
I recently took down all of my websites because their address
contained both my user ID and my ISP's domain. Doesn't take a genius
to figure out that the two together equal my email address. Next, I
contacted my ISP and requested that they change my user ID to a random
alphanumerical sequence of my hcoice. This of course also changed my
email address. Finally, I Then I munged my email address for posting
to usenet. The end result is that I get *no* spam at all. For
contacting people who like group sends and companies, I use a free
Yahoo account.

brainz90

mike ring said:
I', sorry I'm not a bit interested in a Calendar prog, but I'm grateful to
the many people who've posted gen about progs I do really want

You ungrateful diehard. I jest ;)
I hope you'll continue to post - the flaming isn't too bad here, and ISTM
mainly comes from passersby or those who've joined via crossposts.

Always enjoyed the cut n thrust of being flamed. Its the unsolicited
emails that arrived after posting (any group) that depressed me.
... you're the righteous one, and most folks are with you.

Eeee. Thanks Mike. Glowing here now. ;)

bri

brainz90

"Steven Burn" wrote in message
You can actually defeat this by not using a valid e-mail address with your
posts along the lines of;
(e-mail address removed) .. Should suffice ;o)

Mmmm. I think I'd prefer anonymous posting. Tried Ghost Mail yesterday
but my
pc-cilin decided there was a trojan in the prog and kept deleting it.
I generally write app's that I have a use for (never use these kinds of
app's myself) but, I'll take a look into it.

Thats what I was hoping you would say Steve ! That calendar prog is
superb in its simplicity, size and usefulness to me in my job running
around the country servicing ultrasound and EEG equipment. The
print-out can be added to 'on the fly' , and updated on the pc when
I'm back. Or vice-versa. But some appointments are provisional, some
are confirmed, some need to be made, and different color inks would
make them easier to 'see' at a glance.

Hopefully thats enough encouragement but I DO understand you're a busy
guy and not obliged in any way.
Cheers!
Bri

brainz90

John Corliss said:
Brian, hello back. Steven Burn's right about munging the email address
you use to post to usenet.

I want to try a seperate email program (small simple) just for
newsgroup postings , like ghost mail. Remember/ used that prog John ?
Sadly pc-cillin tells me its virused and deletes it every download.

The latest version of Mozilla (1.6, with
1.7 just around the corner) allows you to have a separate email
address in messages you post to usenet from the one you use in email.

Dont like Mozila ... wont fit on a floppy. ;)
I recently took down all of my websites because their address
contained both my user ID and my ISP's domain. Doesn't take a genius
to figure out that the two together equal my email address..

I learnt that too. But the hard way. I'm no genius. They told me I am
gullible and I beleived them.

Cheers !
bri

John Corliss

brainz90 said:
John Corliss wrote:
(snip)

I learnt that too. But the hard way. I'm no genius. They told me I am
gullible and I beleived them.

Well, I learned the same way so I guess I'm no genius either.

Regarding that calendar program you posted the link to:

It looks like a real good one, except that I have my usual objection
to such programs. It doesn't list moon phases. The author added full
moon events, but I wish I could find a calendar program like the old
shareware one "Almanac" that shows representative moon phase icons in
each day square. The program you mentioned has everything I need, but
not that feature.

sno

John said:
Well, I learned the same way so I guess I'm no genius either.

Regarding that calendar program you posted the link to:

It looks like a real good one, except that I have my usual objection
to such programs. It doesn't list moon phases. The author added full
moon events, but I wish I could find a calendar program like the old
shareware one "Almanac" that shows representative moon phase icons in
each day square. The program you mentioned has everything I need, but
not that feature.

Try this one...constantly improved since dos days....has moon
phases.....and bunch of other goodies....

click tray calendar (freeware)

http://www.waseo.de/en/Products/Freeware1/DateTimeSoftware/ClickTray1/clicktray1.html

have fun.....sno

Brainz

John Corliss said:
Regarding that calendar program you posted the link to:

It looks like a real good one, except that I have my usual objection
to such programs. It doesn't list moon phases. The author added full
moon events, but I wish I could find a calendar program like the old
shareware one "Almanac" that shows representative moon phase icons in
each day square.

Hi again John. Yes it could have been a great program with just a few more
features. Nonetheless its good to use in the real world and until I can
find a better one its a keeper. By the way some very nice looking freeware
on that site sno recommended
(http://www.waseo.de/en/Products/Freeware1/DateTimeSoftware/ClickTray1/clicktray1.html )
I might try the address book prog, but sadly the click tray calendar didnt
seem to offer editable text in each calendar day 'box', just the date of
the month. Oh well.
Regards
Brian.

sno

Brainz said:
Hi again John. Yes it could have been a great program with just a few more
features. Nonetheless its good to use in the real world and until I can
find a better one its a keeper. By the way some very nice looking freeware
on that site sno recommended
(http://www.waseo.de/en/Products/Freeware1/DateTimeSoftware/ClickTray1/clicktray1.html )
I might try the address book prog, but sadly the click tray calendar didnt
seem to offer editable text in each calendar day 'box', just the date of
the month. Oh well.
Regards
Brian.
Brian, click date and put your note in bottom (can edit at any
time) then click "the color box" and make the color you want to show on
calendar for that note day....will let you know you have a note
for that day....will alarm one day before the note day....

You can also see all the notes for any time period by clicking
"notice overview" on right hand side....

hope helps....sno

--
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made with meat ?

This tag line is generated by:

SLTG (Silly Little Tag Generator)

John Corliss

John said:
Thanks, sno. I've downloaded it and will check it out.

Just got done trying it. I'm afraid it's not what I'm looking for.
Nice little program, to be sure, but won't print month calendars with
moon phase icons. Or at least I couldn't figure out how to do that.

fitwell

Well, I learned the same way so I guess I'm no genius either.

Regarding that calendar program you posted the link to:

It looks like a real good one, except that I have my usual objection
to such programs. It doesn't list moon phases. The author added full
moon events, but I wish I could find a calendar program like the old
shareware one "Almanac" that shows representative moon phase icons in
each day square. The program you mentioned has everything I need, but
not that feature.

You've mentioned this program before, John. I must admit that after
seeing you post about it 3 times, I'm getting curious. Can you share
a link to that shareware? I'd like to see what it does; it sounds
very interesting to see the moon phase in each box.

Thanks!

PuppyKatt

ClickTray Calendar is available at www.waseo.de

: On Fri, 07 May 2004 08:12:22 -0700, John Corliss
:
: >brainz90 wrote:
: >> John Corliss wrote:
: >> (snip)
: >>> I recently took down all of my websites because their address
: >>> contained both my user ID and my ISP's domain. Doesn't take a
genius
: >>> to figure out that the two together equal my email address..
: >>
: >> I learnt that too. But the hard way. I'm no genius. They told me I
am
: >> gullible and I beleived them.
: >

fitwell said:
You've mentioned this program before, John. I must admit that after
seeing you post about it 3 times, I'm getting curious. Can you share
a link to that shareware? I'd like to see what it does; it sounds
very interesting to see the moon phase in each box.

Tell you what, I'll post it over in alt.comp.shareware since referring
to the program here in anything other than the context of features
that I'm looking for is off topic. I hope you don't mind. 80)>

PuppyKatt

AFAIK, ClickTray Calendar is NOT shareware, it is free. Nothing is
disabled, and there is no mention of expiry, trial, shareware, or
anything else that would suggest any type of payment. Am I missing
something?

--
Thou shalt not admit adultry.

: fitwell wrote:
: > John Corliss wrote:
: >> brainz90 wrote:
: >>> John Corliss wrote:
: >>>(snip)
: >>>> I recently took down all of my websites because their address
: >>>> contained both my user ID and my ISP's domain. Doesn't take a
genius
: >>>> to figure out that the two together equal my email address..
: >>>
[...]
: --
: Regards from John Corliss
: No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware,
: nagware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware, viruses
: or warez please.

John Corliss

PuppyKatt said:
AFAIK, ClickTray Calendar is NOT shareware, it is free. Nothing is
disabled, and there is no mention of expiry, trial, shareware, or
anything else that would suggest any type of payment. Am I missing
something?

PuppyKatt,
You did something I've been guilty of a few times. You didn't read
the message carefully enough before posting your remarks. The link I
posted to ACS is for Almanac, a very old shareware program, not
ClickTray Calendar. I'm very aware that ClickTray Calendar is
freeware. And a really nice program to boot. Just not what I'm looking
for.

PuppyKatt

I guess the confusion came in when you piggybacked on me. I thought
that you were replying to me. So sorry.
--

: