Bypassing the selection of "user accounts" (profiles) of family members in XP

D

Dean

Well, it's finally gotten to the point where everyone has their own computer and the "user accounts" (profiles) in Windows XP are unnecessary and bothersome:

On my other XP computers, when it boots up, it immediately goes to a certain user account. But on one XP computer, I must click on a name block (no PW required) to choose which user account to use. When I could not figure out how to set one as the default, if you will, I tried deleting the other user accounts which I really didn't need anymore anyway. However, still, the one user account name block appears and I have to wait around until it is time to click on it to get at programs, desktop, etc. I don't recall how I set it up on the other computers, i.e., to bypass this step and go right to my preferred user account, but it could be that I never created more than one such account and, as long as you don't create others, it knows to default to the one you have. So, the question is, after deleting the other profiles, how can I get it to bypass having to click the user profile block.

Thanks!
Dean

D

Dean

OK, someone gave me the answer - there is a powertoy from Microsoft called TWEAKUI that does this.
It's weird that I don't remember doing this on my newer computers (perhaps it comes with the newer installations, or is the default if you never create another user account).

Thanks anyway!

D
Well, it's finally gotten to the point where everyone has their own computer and the "user accounts" (profiles) in Windows XP are unnecessary and bothersome:

On my other XP computers, when it boots up, it immediately goes to a certain user account. But on one XP computer, I must click on a name block (no PW required) to choose which user account to use. When I could not figure out how to set one as the default, if you will, I tried deleting the other user accounts which I really didn't need anymore anyway. However, still, the one user account name block appears and I have to wait around until it is time to click on it to get at programs, desktop, etc. I don't recall how I set it up on the other computers, i.e., to bypass this step and go right to my preferred user account, but it could be that I never created more than one such account and, as long as you don't create others, it knows to default to the one you have. So, the question is, after deleting the other profiles, how can I get it to bypass having to click the user profile block.

Thanks!
Dean

Ask a Question