Buttons on Child Pages - FP2000

Dick

I am working on a website that has a home page (parent?) and several
what I would call child pages. I am using themes, and the corporate
template. The home page has buttons on the left side which direct you
to the corresponding child page. However, those buttons don't appear
on any child page.

I have shared borders set to all pages. I see that the nav bar
properties are set to child for all levels, including the home page.
Every time I start mucking around with Navigation Bar Properties, I
get things screwed up. What needs to be done to have the same nav
buttons appear on the left of all pages?

Jens Peter Karlsen [FP-MVP]

Set it to Same Level +Home.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Dick

Thanks Jens. Which pages do I set? I tried it on one child page, and
the left nav buttons appeared on all child pages, but they disappeared
on the home page!!

Stefan B Rusynko

If all your pages are directly under the home page set it to Child pages under home

If they are also below other child pages (2 levels) you may need 2 nav bars
- Child pages under home and Child pages
But the links will never look the same on all pages since not all pages Child pages (under home) will have the same Child pages
(pages under another page)