Buffer Overrun ?????

Chip and Roxanne

I keep receiving this message and have to go to system restore to make the
system work again. It will run about 30 minutes and the message will come up
again. It only happens when I try to work on line does anyone no what this
means and what I need to do to correct it. I am running XP in a Dell 2700
with 256mgs mgs ram.
Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
Buffer overrun detected
Program:C\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs internal
state. The program can not safely continue executjion and must now be
terminated.

Andrew E.

256mb of ram memory is too small for xp,512mb is min.,1024mb is about
right (or more)..Also,once updated,open system
properties,advanced,performance,
virtual memory,change button,set C: to "let system manage",click set 2X,close
out.

Malke

Andrew said:
256mb of ram memory is too small for xp,512mb is min.,1024mb is about
right (or more)..Also,once updated,open system
properties,advanced,performance,
virtual memory,change button,set C: to "let system manage",click set
2X,close out.

Andrew, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Malke

Malke

Chip said:
I keep receiving this message and have to go to system restore to make the
system work again. It will run about 30 minutes and the message will come
up again. It only happens when I try to work on line does anyone no what
this means and what I need to do to correct it. I am running XP in a Dell
2700 with 256mgs mgs ram.
Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
Buffer overrun detected
Program:C\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs
internal
state. The program can not safely continue executjion and must now be
terminated.

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? What Service Pack level is
your XP (Home? Pro?) at?

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: If the problem is new, what changed
between the time things worked and the time they didn't?

The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the malware/virus
status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what programs (and
versions) did you use to determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

Malke

Charles W Davis

Malke said:
Andrew, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Malke
Malke,

What Andrew said may have nothing to do with the problem, but an XP SP3
machine will hardly run. Memory is so cheap, I keep half a dozen 1GB chips
on hand. Takes me a couple of months before I have to resupply.

Malke

Charles W Davis wrote:

What Andrew said may have nothing to do with the problem, but an XP SP3
machine will hardly run. Memory is so cheap, I keep half a dozen 1GB chips
on hand. Takes me a couple of months before I have to resupply.

I have plenty of clients running XP with only 256MB of RAM. I agree with you
that 512MB or 1GB is preferable and RAM is cheap, but to say that "an XP
SP3 will hardly run" with 256MB of RAM is inaccurate.

Malke

THE C. [MS MVP]

Malke you are wrong. 256MB of RAM is not enough! Maybe back in the days of
SP1. Todays Anti-Virus plus firewall would make a XP machine with 256MB of
RAM undesirable and unenjoyable. Bare minumum would be 768MB. I personally
would not suggest anything under 1GB!
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond

Malke

THE said:
Malke you are wrong. 256MB of RAM is not enough! Maybe back in the days of
SP1. Todays Anti-Virus plus firewall would make a XP machine with 256MB of
RAM undesirable and unenjoyable. Bare minumum would be 768MB. I personally
would not suggest anything under 1GB!

No, false MVP, *you* are wrong. You obviously do not have a good grasp of
technical issues and since you refuse to post a link to your MVP profile
you obviously are not an MVP. A person who would lie about being an MVP is
not a person who can be trusted about anything.

Malke

someone

I've been running windows XP Pro with SP3 with only 512 MB of RAM It's
slow, but the puter is 7 years old, and that is the maximum I can install on
the puter, which initially came with an ME OS.

Twayne said:
Leonard said:
Phony MVP.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

THE C. [MS MVP] wrote:

Nothing new about that, unfortunately. It used to be meaningful.

THE C. [MS MVP]

Well I am using the MS server which only MS employees have access to. You are
wrong on your statement regarding 256MB RAM being enough to run XP at any
rate other then SP1 or earlier. You should be ashamed of yourself, you are
the only one responding to my replies cause anyone who uses or repairs
computer would know what I am talking about. You are sadly wrong again or
should I say as usual. I am still waiting for your proof as to how I can be
using the direct MS Server... only employees have this access right? No fake
MVP here. Make it a great day!
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond

Gordon

THE C. said:
Well I am using the MS server which only MS employees have access to.

What a load of cr@p. You are posting through the rubbish Internet Explorer
web interface for the MS Newsgroups.
From your headers:
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
You are
wrong on your statement regarding 256MB RAM being enough to run XP at any
rate other then SP1 or earlier.

No YOU are wrong. many machines DID run XP on 256 MB RAM when XP first came
out.

Olórin

THE said:
Well I am using the MS server which only MS employees have access to.
You are wrong on your statement regarding 256MB RAM being enough to
run XP at any rate other then SP1 or earlier. You should be ashamed
of yourself, you are the only one responding to my replies cause
anyone who uses or repairs computer would know what I am talking
about. You are sadly wrong again or should I say as usual. I am still
waiting for your proof as to how I can be using the direct MS
Server... only employees have this access right? No fake MVP here.
Make it a great day!
<snip>

If, by "the direct MS server" (a telling phrase), you mean
msnews.microsoft.com then you're plain wrong - that's available to anyone.
If you mean a different server, to which only MS MVPs have access, then
please post its name here so that your assertion can be investigated. Or is
it top secret and only divulged to MS MVPs? Your two recent posts in this
group as "THE C.", at least, have been made through the web interface, which
tends to indicate further that you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, and you're confusing MS MVP status with being an MS employee. More
evidence in favour of the "don't know what you're talking about" argument.

Finally, XP and 256MB RAM - you are incorrect in agreeing with Andrew E.
that it is "too small". XP *will* run with 256MB. I agree it may well not be
enough for a hugely pleasant and fast experience, depending on what else the
user needs to run, but I know plenty of machines with only that amount of
RAM. "Bare minimum would be 768MB" - pish and tosh, and technically
incorrect. Yet more evidence.

Oh, and why have you not posted a link to your MVP profile as requested? I'd
have thought that if you were genuine, you would have been keen to do so and
prove wrong the doubters. Final nail in the coffin, far as I'm concerned.

Malke

Olórin said:
[...]

Thank you, Olorin. There is no seekrit server to which MVPs have access. ;-)
Most of us posting to the public newsgroups use msnews.microsoft.com. And
it is obvious that "THE C." is not an MVP nor a Microsoft employee. And
Microsoft employees can't be MVPs.

Malke

THE C. [MS MVP]

Gordon you need to learn to read the posts or replies. That is exactly what I
said. First read, then comprehend, then reply, cause you making yourself look
bad. Make it a great day.

--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond

THE C. [MS MVP]

Olorin please read more carefully, I disagree with Malke. What ever Andrew
says I can care less for he is not an MVP! Please again make it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond

THE C. [MS MVP]

Malke please do a little more thourgh search for me. I will give you only one
clue, If you find me then I will give you your MVP Blue sheld for a job well
done.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond

The Real Truth [MS MVP]

You sick phucks. Your obsession with me has got all of you challenging
everyone in these group with your off topic BS. That's a damn shame. That
goes to you too Malke. You all need to grow up, this NG is shot to hell
because of your trolling.

your time.
David H Lipman, Malke, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.

THE C. [MS MVP]

Is that the best you got? To simpely disagree with anyone or debate is an
american right and dream. New to this NG I see. The blog you provided (if
Yours) is quiet lame to say the least. You must be a child. Peasant fool.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond