Windows Vista BT Fon Network

Reaction score
everytime i try to connect to my net it goes to something called bt fon and not mine.

I have to connect twice again to mine

any help please?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
remove the networks and have the device relearn the default connection. that should fix it right up.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
wave it around in the air like an etch a sketch?

Without knowing what you are working with, I can't tell you how. I can assume lots of things, and we all know where you end up when you assume things.

Reaction score
wave it around in the air like an etch a sketch?

Without knowing what you are working with, I can't tell you how. I can assume lots of things, and we all know where you end up when you assume things.

i know the card called intel r wifi link500 agn using windows vista

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
did you click the link in my post above? The answer you seek is within. It actually says "How to Delete a Wireless Network." vista and 7 have the same procedure.

:confused: did i miss something? did that process not work for you?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Another typical thread from Michael555....

none of you are helping how do i disable it or remove it
I say again, Are you with BT? If so is the BT FON service live on your account!?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
none of you are helping how do i disable it or remove it

Are you with BT?

BT FON is your home hub sharing your connection, basically. - http://www.btfon.com/

You can disable it. ;)

V_R asked a simple quetion, which required a simple answer :D

Then I do believe Silverhazesurfer posted a reelevant link which could help you :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12363/c/1812,1823

Here is the BT page you need for your problem.

I have tried to connect to BT-Fon whilst out and about but have never had any sucess connecting despite seeing lots of connections. When I phoned BT said that you will have trouble connecting if the hot spot is using their maximum bandwidth. I pointed out that BT claims a portion of the bandwidth is reserved for BT-Fon. Ah yes they do I was told but not if the total bandwidth is being used. I asked why do you not give this information on your site and got no clear reply. They did however get quite stroppy when I suggested that they were misleading the public and falsely advertising their product and that the software as it stood was a load of garbage. :lol:

Reaction score
To use your preferred Wireless Internet access, you have to connect to your private WiFi signal.
Enter the WiFi manager of your operating system and chose the desired WiFi signal.

(In Windows you can check by doing Right-click on the wireless network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen, and then click View Available Wireless Networks.)

You can change what network your computer connects by:
go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Manage Wireless Networks
Here you can now reorder the connection priority.

The order Preferred networks are listed here determines the order that Windows will automatically attempt when seeking to make a wireless / Internet connection.
You can move up and down networks, to change priorities.

Ask a Question