BT broadband ?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
My sister has a BT Hub with a 10 GB per month cap. As part of the deal she can get free wi-fi UK wide through other folks shared BT Hub feature.

If she access's the net through this shared feature when away from home will this count towards her monthly allowance or is this roaming feature cap free ??? :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's an interesting point.

I'm afraid I have not a clue but I'd like to know.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You talking about BTFON i take it?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It doesn't count towards your home BB cap - you have unlimited data using Fon or Openzone WiFi as a BT BB customer :)

There is however a 10,000 minute Fair Usage Policy ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It doesn't count towards your home BB cap - you have unlimited data using Fon or Openzone WiFi as a BT BB customer :)

There is however a 10,000 minute Fair Usage Policy ;)

Cheers :D Is that a 10.000 minute an month ?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
"Subject to a Fair Use Policy of 10,000 minutes per month. If you exceed this in any given month you will have to re-log in to the BT Fon service every 30 minutes thereafter until the start of the next month"

Also remember that your Sister has to opt in to BTFON ( www.bt.com/btfon ) for her modem to become part of the scheme and also so she can use other BTFON points herself.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"Subject to a Fair Use Policy of 10,000 minutes per month. If you exceed this in any given month you will have to re-log in to the BT Fon service every 30 minutes thereafter until the start of the next month"

Also remember that your Sister has to opt in to BTFON ( www.bt.com/btfon ) for her modem to become part of the scheme and also so she can use other BTFON points herself.

Thanks. I'll only be doing a bit of surfing whilst at me mums :) mind you if she gets into it she might be surfing all day and every day, not my problem though if she does as I'll be safely back in the lakes :lol:

Ask a Question