BT 1250 Lost password

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a second hand ADSL router. Router model is BT 1250. It have some password set on it. Obviously I don't know the password of it and I want to configure it for Bulldog.

My problem is there is no reset button for it. Any body have any idea how to resolve this issue. On a router user interface it is suggesting to call BT, which sounds not a good choice to me as BT probably won't help me as I was never their customer neither I am going to be..

Ideas please.

Regards

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The default password on any router is normally ... Admin, with a username Admin, however I beleive the BT 1250 does not use one by default. Are you sure it is not BT Locked?

I can only sugest asking the seller what is the password.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
As Mucks says, is it one of those locked by BT?

A mate has just bought a different BT Voyager model, and the settings are all locked to BT - not a problem for him though as he is on BT ADSL :thumb:

Reaction score
I am not sure how to find out that it is locked just to BT or not. Default passwords are not working, Previous Seller is unknown (Bought it from car boot).

Like all other routers, where is the reset switch?? I can't find one.:wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
kashifns said:
I am not sure how to find out that it is locked just to BT or not. Default passwords are not working, Previous Seller is unknown (Bought it from car boot).

Like all other routers, where is the reset switch?? I can't find one.:wall:
That router doesn't have an on/off switch or a reset button. To reset the router you have to pull the power lead out of the back and plug it in again.

Here is a review, but I don't think it will help ...
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q4/bt1250.asp

:)

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I guess I have to give up and get a new router. That is the only site which comes up in any search and have nothing special about this topic.

Ask a Question