Browser stops functionning on work LAN after about 5 minutes

C

Charles Stein

Hi,

I am using MS Windows XP with both Internet explorer and Netscape Navigator.
Yesterday it suddenly stopped functioning on my work LAN after about 5
minutes. Neither browser worked. I would have to reboot the workstation to
regain connectivity. No other internet capabilities seem to be affected. I
can ftp and telnet, but not http or https through port 80. If I use my vpn I
can function in that environment but not sites out of the vpn.

I did add zone alarms firewall after to see if that might open port 80 when
configured. It did it extended the time to 30 minutes but my browser still
timed out.

Anyone that can help, please!

Thanks in advance.

Charles

G

I can't help but I have exactly the same problem. I have email no probs and even yahoo messenger works, but Internet Explorer stops working after 5 mins or so. The system works fine after a reboot then dies!

G

Have you found a fix? I've recently encountered the same problem..

-j
----- Charlie W wrote: ----

I can't help but I have exactly the same problem. I have email no probs and even yahoo messenger works, but Internet Explorer stops working after 5 mins or so. The system works fine after a reboot then dies!

G

Unfortunately I have not found a fix yet so I am going to clean out the system, reformat the drive and reinstall Win XP. I have dual boot and Internet Explorer works fine in Win 98, no drop outs or anything! I run a network via a router and that is all working fine with a laptop using Win 98 no drop outs there either. I have seen others with similar problems so I am wondering if there is a bug of sorts in XP. Hopefully a fix will be soon forthcoming

----- jeff k. wrote: ----

Have you found a fix? I've recently encountered the same problem..

-j
----- Charlie W wrote: ----

Ask a Question