Brother scanners are not very XP compatible

psa

My new Brother DCP 8025D works fine in Windows 98SE, but does not hold
settings in XP Pro. I have to manually reset every setting for every page
of a scan.

I scan a lot of B&W text documents (letter and legal size) When I am
scanning 8 1/2" x 11" B&W text documents manually (without the sheet bin
feeder), each successive page will default to A4210x297mm (8.3x11.7 inches)
COLOR. Thus, if I am scanning a 10 page document I need to reset these
settings for each and every page.

When I go to scan the next document I have to remember to adjust the quality
of the scanned document because it defaults back to 100 DPI Color picture.

Brother tech support told me that the problem is with WIA drivers do not
hold settings and that none of their competitors have XP compatible TWAIN
drivers.

I have had reports from others that Visioneer, Epson and Cannon have
scanners that hold settings in XP. I do not know if they are using TWAIN or
WIA, but I have numerous reports that they hold settings between scans.

I need to be able to scan without resetting every setting for every page.

The DCP 8025D is otherwise a wonderful machine, but this software limitation
make it very unsatisfactory.

Question the value of any magazine that reviews scnners and does not
disclose this serious limitation with Brother products.

Information and suggestions please.