Broken Open Command

Reaction score
I have recently installed Malwarebytes on my computer and also program called System Mechanic. Lately every time I scan with Malwarbytes I get two files to delete:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\ (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\ (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I copied the above from the log file. I have no idea what is causing this or why it keeps coming back time after time. I do hope that I have posted this in the right place. Sorry if I have got it wrong but I am not up to the level of a lot of younger folks when it comes to computers and such.

Thanks for any assistance. I hope to keep my computer clean and healthy.

Thanks
Jennifer

Reaction score
Do you have anti virus software installed on your pc?
If so which one?

Reaction score
I have the free version of AVG 8. Thank you for your quick response. I have had it for quite some time and I have never had it or Adaware pick up this problem before.

Ask a Question