BROADBAND through your plug sockets!

Reaction score
I did hear about this company offering a broadband service. You can get broadband through your plug socket.......no need for a telephone line......or coaxial wires on the walls.

they claim all u need is a PLUG SOCKET! I think it sounds good, too expensive and in a limited area i beleive check this out for yourselves:

http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/broadband/

SOUTHERN Electric:)

p.s I just noticed its Southern hence, its probably only in the south lol!!!!

Reaction score
it's not new technology.

networks that run through electrical sockets have been around for years (as you know ;)) they just haven't taken off, probably because they're not as fast as networks that run through CAT cables.

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol i didnt say it was new

just meant sounds good not many people know abt it

Reaction score
I think its pretty cool!!

does anyone know how it connects to your computer? I would be serious about getting it - but the thing that is stopping me is the fact i am assuming you could not use a regular ADSL modem router - like my Netgear DG814 could you - i imagine it uses some kind of special modem :( unless its an adaptor that goes between your socket and modem...

anyone know? if not i will email them.

Regards, Chris

Reaction score
Very interesting - Thankyou James

So it seems we could not keep out DG814 then - which is useless to us as we connect different pc's to our network for gaming etc etc and would need at least 4 ports and things would get expensive.

ah well...

Ask a Question