Broadband Problem

Reaction score
I have a problem which may or may not have to do with my computing equipment. When my Broadband is plugged in, my phone line sometimes doesn't allow me to dial out - all I get is a continuous dialling tone. Disconnecting the Broadband doesn't always cure the problem - it's temperamental. Also, my Broadband occasionally disconnects itself at random though this is not a big problem as I can reconnect it. I rang BT who said there was nothing wrong with my line, and if they came out and the fult was with my own equipment there would be a callout charge of £50. Anyone have any ideas. BTW is this the right forum to report problems like this?

Reaction score
Broadband should never dissconect ...... and should have its own connection which is nothing to do with your phone connection. I have always had problems with BT so i switched Phone and internet to NTL

Reaction score
I agree with Jake, broadband should never disconnect unless there is a problem with BT's equipment. Sounds like you have a dodgy line, specially if it's not only your broadband but your phone as well.

Ask a Question