Broadband intallation problems need help!

Reaction score
Hi,
I am very new to this forum and came here in complete desperation! My son had broadband at his dads house, he left his modem etc and signed up for wanadoo in his own right. The modem and software duly arrived (330 speedtouch) we tried installing the software but it keeps coming up with the fact it can't create a file. Son thought it could be because it would not overwrite an existing broadband file so deleted anything he could find that related to the old connection. We rang tech support but they thought it may be the disc however I tried the disc on my computer and it is fine. I would be very grateful if someone could help as he is driving me insane he thinks he can't live without his broadband!

Thanks in anticipation

Bratacat

Reaction score
Hi,
Ace cat! OS is windows XP, one of the errors it also comes up with when he is trying to run the disc is low hard disc space which we have checked and he has tons of gigs!
Bratacat

Reaction score
Hi There,
I won't have access to his computer until Thursday night so I will write everything down, it would be so great if you guys could help.

Cheers
Bratacat

Reaction score
bratacat said:
Hi There,
I won't have access to his computer until Thursday night so I will write everything down, it would be so great if you guys could help.

Cheers
Bratacat

We will dont worry, sorry not able to get back to you earlier.;)

Reaction score
HI again,
Managed to get to the computer today there are two errors, the first one says ' the ordinal 1334 could not be located in the dynamic link library IML32.dll' there is also another that comes up on the foot of the page that says ' the application cannot start as it cannot create needed files. There may not be enough free disc space' I have found out that the dll file is a file extension but I copied it from my computer but it asked for a program to open it from so I put it in macromedia but that did not work.
I'm at my wits end, not being computer literate I haven't a chance!
Bratacat

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Your hard drive is full ... uninstall a game or 3. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
How much space left on main drive (usually drive 'C')?

I ask this as you say he has lots of space left. How much? And how many hard disks has he in there?

Reaction score
Hi,
there are 2 hard drives master has 200gig and slave drive has 100gig there is 186 gig remaining on master drive and 40 gig in slave.Hope this helps.
Bratacat

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, that clears up the problem of not enough space then, you got plenty.

Hmm. Thinking.

You won't be able to open a dll file, by the way.

You could try uninstalling what's been installed of that software, clean the CD, and try again.

All I can come up with for the moment.

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks, I Know the disc works, tried it on my old wreck of a computer and it did the job straight away, loaded and worked well. It is just on sons super duper machine it comes up with these irritating errors, apparently an ordinal is a number but how do you search for a number in a file? Tried a search but it did not work, found nothing. I suspect there may have been something deleted that shouldn't have been deleted.
Cheers
Bratacat

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It does sound as if something's missing from Windows, doesn't it?

Try making a note of that file on your PC, noting where it is, then browse Windows CD, find that file, and copy and paste it to where it should be on your son's machine.

If you're not clear how to do that, post again.

Reaction score
Hi there,
Sorry it is very late, but all we have is the restore disks (that is if we can find them) is there any way we can just restore the bits we are missing and retain the information on the computer. Sorry, as far as computers are concerned I don't need a dimmer switch.
Bratacat

Reaction score
Hi,
This ordinal 1334 could not be located in the iml32.dll, a search on my pc, just for the iml32.dll came up with 3 files two said c:\documents and settings\lisapatriciamace\local and the third one came up c:\windows\system32\macromed\shockwave10 All 3 said that the file was an extension but did not say the name of the file it was an extension of. When I put the ordinal 1334 into the search it did not come up with a result at all. I am cast adrift at the moment but appreciate that someone is trying to help!
Bratacat

Last edited:

Ask a Question