British my foot?

Reaction score
Codswallop?
Do these people live in the REAL WORLD?????

Here

Makes me sick! Law my ass [HUH]

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you itsme, they should lock them up and throw away the key but we live in a PC world and punishment to fit the crime does not fit the bill:mad: Unfortunatly we do not live in the country I was brought up in and this was treason and they should be topped (hung)

Reaction score
In the last war ( WII) the country was on the look out for 5th columnists (?) who would parachute in,or come in by sub, and mix in with the people and wait for the right moment to do sabotage.A lot,if not all,were caught and executed for spying. But these "British" people are born and bred here,they are the enemy within. Their families were brought in to man the mills the railways and hospitals,now we are reaping the folly of it all.
historian

Reaction score
To add to my last post. Has any one read in the papers of the sale of a painting by Cezanne called "The card players" painted around 1893. It`s just been bought by the royal family of Qatar.Now correct me if I`m wrong but I thought images of the human form was forbiden in the Islamic world. So is gambling,drinking alcohol and smoking. This painting has the lot. Yet an Islamic family has bought it for their own pleasure (I presume) And their ilk in this country are telling us that we are in the wrong for the things we do,and they are going to change us by fair or foul means. This is the trouble with religions it`s "do as I say not as I do...or else.
historian

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
To add to my last post. Has any one read in the papers of the sale of a painting by Cezanne called "The card players" painted around 1893. It`s just been bought by the royal family of Qatar.Now correct me if I`m wrong but I thought images of the human form was forbiden in the Islamic world. So is gambling,drinking alcohol and smoking. This painting has the lot. Yet an Islamic family has bought it for their own pleasure (I presume) And their ilk in this country are telling us that we are in the wrong for the things we do,and they are going to change us by fair or foul means. This is the trouble with religions it`s "do as I say not as I do...or else.
historian

in Islam is a proscription in
[/URL]
Islam against the creation of images of sentient living beings. The most absolute proscription is of images of Allah, followed by depictions of Muhammad, and then Islamic prophets and the relatives of the Prophet, but the depiction of all humans and animals is discouraged in the Hadith and by the long tradition of Islamic authorities, especially Sunni ones. This has led to Islamic art being dominated by Islamic geometric patterns, calligraphy and the barely-representational foliage patterns of the arabesque; but figurative art still has a strong tradition, especially on a small scale in private works for the home or palace. The proliferation of photographic and filmed images today has led to controversy, with some religious authorities stating, for example, that all television is un-Islamic; but this is not a widely held position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
So in painting an image or likeness of Him it can`t be disrespectful...Can it?

THEY say that it is, and it's their religion. I don't agree with that but there you go.

I don't knock moderate religion but I personally don't have one. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi Abarbarian.
Nobody has seen God, or Allah, as far as I know. So in painting an image or likeness of Him it can`t be disrespectful...Can it?
Thank goodness T.V is O.K. Religions are crazy.
historian

It's not the depiction of a God they object to but any created likenesses of the prophet Mohammed, who probably did exist. Muslims also see Jesus Christ as a prophet and it's likely he existed as well.

For the record I loathe ALL religion. But, as the Fun Boy Three once sang - My Lips Are Sealed.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can you hear them talking about us
Telling lies, is that a surprise
Can you see them, see right through them
They have no shield, nothing must be revealed
It doesn't matter what they say, no one listens anyway

Our lips are sealed
There's a weapon that we can use in our defense silence

Genius lyrics by Terry Hall

Last edited:
Reaction score
THEY say that it is, and it's their religion. I don't agree with that but there you go.

I don't knock moderate religion but I personally don't have one. :)

Nivrip since when any religion was,or has been,noderate.Look back in history and see.
historian.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
No, my point is that the vast majority of people with a religion are moderate. Everyone that I know, or have known, who is religious is moderate,

There will always be some nut cases, who can be very persuasive with some of the more vulnerable moderates, who will cause absolute chaos.

And yes, religion has a lot to answer for over the centuries and has been the cause of many disasters. But, I'm really talking more about individuals who, in general, tend to be decent people.

Reaction score
Yes you are right nvrip in Christianity and in all other religions, it is zealot's who misinterpret the scriptures and lessons and want to force their views on others often on the pain of death. Most religions preach love and peace.:D

Reaction score
I would be very careful when one says that most religions preach love and peace.
When a particular religion becomes dominant in a society all their "love and peace" go out of the window. Have a look at what happened to the library in Alexandria when the "peaceful" Christians became dominant in that city.
historian

Reaction score
and the Conquistadors in South America and closer to home the Puritan's in little old England and many other examples to many to mention

Ask a Question